• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on metal help

sbruno

I have a Colorspan Displaymaker 72 UVR and i am trying to print black on a thin Alluminum but the color is coming out as a light shade or tinted a lil brown any help on how to correct this problem would be greatly appreiciated

rubo

I have a Colorspan Displaymaker 72 UVR and i am trying to print black on a thin Alluminum but the color is coming out as a light shade or tinted a lil brown any help on how to correct this problem would be greatly appreiciated

You need to precoat your aluminum. Here it is: inkaid.com Works like as charm.

sbruno

even if its a brushed material

petepaz

we use vinyl coated alum for the thin gauge stuff (.003 and .005)
you can get it from lawrence and frederick

artbot

black pigment when thinned down will usually have a warm or cool cast (has to do with the type of black pigment). if it's transparent or brownish, that's just because it's too thin of a coat. bump up your density or to a double / triple strike.

omgsideburns

What are the CMYK values for your black? Your profile might be making some weird rich black color that looks fine on white substrates but turns to doo doo. 20/20/20/100 should yield an opaque black on that machine.

Can you post a picture of what it's doing?

sbruno

thank you guys but to leave some feed back on it. i am printing directly onto the material. it prints black fine on non metal materials.

(Rubo) This printer has pinted on this material befor without a precoat of anysort and it printed it perfectly fine. We have had a few issues with the printer within the last few weeks so Im not sure on that.

(jhilldesigns) what do you meen by double striking the ink just to clarify thats all. i am really new with this kind of stuff so please excuse me on asking.

(Petepaz) the same thing that i have said to Rubo that this printer has done it before. Could have the material changed as to why its not working?

(Artbot) how would i up the density on this machine to try it out and like i said to Jhilldesigns i am still new at this so could you please clarify what a double strike means.

(Omgsideburns) How would i be able to check that on this machine and how would i change it since i am still new to this machine.

Thank you all again i hope you are all still there fallowing this and still willing to help me out with this thank you

RyanFelty

We use sericol for better adhesion...also a double hit of ink with the black to make increase the density of ink allowing no transparancy. Hope this might help!

artbot

double strike, also called overprinting. somewhere in your rip will be the option to overprint described in some way. the printer will print 2 to 8 times over the same point before advancing. the CET strangely triple fires instead of making consecutive passes. maybe this is the same for all konica printers?

sbruno

Ok i got it to work with the over print and running it at the darkest setting i possibly could on the printer.

Thank you all for your help and advice.