• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on tube laminate...

SonSigns

It has been a long time since I've been here. Took some time off during job change which brings me to my question.
I now work for a large tube manufacturer which produces tubes for companies such as Crest, Colgate etc.

I need to know if today's wide format solvent printers are able to print on the laminate which these tubes are created from?

This could be valuable tool when creating promo tubes for our customers. I don't see any reason why the solvent ink would not be perfect for adhering to the laminate sheet which we receive in large rolls.

Thanks in advance!

Bill43mx

Can't answer your question but if you'd like to send a sheet of the material I'd be happy to see if we can print on it using Roland eco-sol max inks.

SonSigns

Can't answer your question but if you'd like to send a sheet of the material I'd be happy to see if we can print on it using Roland eco-sol max inks.

Bill43mx I would be glad to send you some of our white laminate.
Where can I send it to and to who's attention?

Thanks,
Jay

SonSigns

I would go UV over EcoSol.

Custom_Grafx I would go with the UV if I knew for sure this would work as our products will be on shelves maybe in direct sunlight.

Anyone up for printing some UV samples of this???

I'll pay for it if reasonable. Keep in mind the rolls we use are only around 9 to 10" wide. We use white, silver or requested colored rolls. I'm mainly looking to see what happens with the white for now.

petepaz

what is the laminate made of ? vinyl, polyester, polypropolene ?
and what color is it? clear or a colored material?

SonSigns

what is the laminate made of ? vinyl, polyester, polypropolene ?
and what color is it? clear or a colored material?

Actually Petepaz it's polyethylene. The polypropylene is too ridged for the tubes but we do use that in our caps.
Sorry I should have specified this...

Thanks,
Jay

petepaz

best bet to send someone some samples not sure what will stick
run some tests. does it come on a roll or sheets?

SonSigns

best bet to send someone some samples not sure what will stick
run some tests. does it come on a roll or sheets?

Petepaz it comes in rolls which I can get in different widths. The lengths of these rolls is LONG, but I can get them to give me what's left over from jobs. I may have a few local sign buddies that have solvent printers that could do some testing for me.
Thanks for the info!