• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Photos with Versaworks & VP 540

Jake112

Any help with settings for printing pictures true to there colors. Customers supplied photos from I phone or photoshop. Colors are way off. Blues are purple etc. I have tried different settings can not get close.I print pictures from my personal camera with no trouble.

TXFB.INS

Any help with settings for printing pictures true to there colors. Customers supplied photos from I phone or photoshop. Colors are way off. Blues are purple etc. I have tried different settings can not get close.I print pictures from my personal camera with no trouble.

if from phone will be too low on DPI,

if from photoshop and blues are turning purple sounds like they are doing the colors in RGB and then you are printing CYMK

4R Graphics

Yes sounds like there is a issue with formats if you are printing photos best to use and RGB input profile (most rips do this by default) and use perceptual render intent this will help with colors that you can not print due to CMYK ink.

Also if you have a file with a SRGB profile embbeded and you use a different input profile such as adobe rgb1998 you will have color differences also.

Do a search on color managment here on the forum there is alot to it.

JoshLoring

The first problem is customer expectation... There is no way any printer can match the exact brightness and vibrancy of a retina display ultra bright screen.
Once you get past that.. Convert to your print profile or lab color and try "auto color" from Ps. You can also manually adjust the curves. It's going to take some play but you'll need ps work as its not going to be a simple click and print. A standard desktop printer won't match them without adjustments.

anotherdog

Profiles.
Unless you are printing pictures with extreme colours like flowers you should get decent results. if the colors are off you need to look at the colorspace and profiles.
I usually flip images to CMYK before the rip. My headspace is CMYK and I find it easier to adjust tones that way. Most often I leave it on pre-press-US or japan if I want a slight boost in warmth.
Then its just the right profile and the right material.