• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing picture from corel ..blue is green

TC49010

I have a friend who lost her PC today and is trying to recreate the image in corel draw 9 and print it. The colors on the screen are what she wants but it prints much darker and her blue is more green . She has the image set up using CMYK and cant tell what the printer is set up to print at.
Any ideas of what she can do or try? She needs to get 25 more designs printed out and is down. Any one with any knowlege of printing from corel draw please let me know and I'd be willing to pass on your phone number for direct help! She's at wits end and I am no help!
Thanks a bunch,
Trixie

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
TC49010 said:
I have a friend who lost her PC today and is trying to recreate the image in corel draw 9 and print it. The colors on the screen are what she wants but it prints much darker and her blue is more green . She has the image set up using CMYK and cant tell what the printer is set up to print at.
Any ideas of what she can do or try? She needs to get 25 more designs printed out and is down. Any one with any knowlege of printing from corel draw please let me know and I'd be willing to pass on your phone number for direct help! She's at wits end and I am no help!
Thanks a bunch,
Trixie

It's far more complicated than "Turn this knob, Pull that lever, Open this valve..."

What is it using for a printer? What is it using for a driver? What is it using for a RIP? What is it using for a color profile? What is it using for rendering intents? What is it printing, bitmaps, vectors, what?

These questions are semi-rhetorical in that even if the answers to all of them were forthcoming, in all likelyhood, a solution would not. Digital printing is far more art than science and these questions are more in the spirit of things to look at and ponder than a roadmap or an algorithm.

The quick and dirty way is to print a pantone color chart using exactly the same setup it will use to print the job, see which colors print like what, and adjust the image accordingly. The point is not to have the colors right on the monitor, but to have them right on the print.

Techman

because she chose cyan from the corel palet instead of blue.. It looks blue on the screen, , but it isnt.. In fact if you hover over the color it will even tell you it is cyan.. Cyan is not blue.

TC49010

Ahh that makes sence, I'll give her a call and let her know real quick and see if that does the trick.

Thanks!

Baz

If i have trouble with colors i just look up a printed color chart i have and select the color i want from the chart file in the pc.

Z Force

Is there a way to print color charts out of corel, or do you need to make up your own to print for color matching?