• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing rastor images in Illustrator. question

graphix28

Hi, I have a VersaCamm vp300 first of all. And I print mostly spot colors from Illustator to versa works. But when I add a rastor image on top of my spot colors it prints VERY dull and sometimes leaves a "dull square" on top of my spot colors... anyone have any idea why? or know how I can brighten the image up?

Thanks for your help!

DigitalBBQ

On your illustrator, what color profile when you creating spot color for your illustrator file ?

And for the image you added to your illustrator, was there any color profile assigned to it before you import into illustrator ?

It seems that you having color profile issue when you combine photo image within spot color document.

You might want to use photoshop to color correct and profile the image first before you import into illustrator.

Likewise, before you import illustrator elements into photoshop; color profile must be realized before you send to Versawork to have accurate color print results.

Keep in mind Versawork also have printing profiles with color correction engine when it print. If your color was wrong from the beginning, the results will have disarray of color tones.

luggnut

if it looks good in illy but prints bad... it is probaly your rendering intents in the RIP. most raster are set to perceptual and vectors to no correction or relative colormetric. so the 2 are being processed by the rip differently.

when i have this issue i generally change both to relative colormetric and it doesn't have the different color issues.

relative colormetric will change your vectors a little too. if they were originally set to no correction. but at least the raster and vectors should be the same