• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing RED ?

autoexebat

Well I must say ( What a rotten day ) I printed 5 different ATV graphics for one customer and he called me FLIPPING OUT , needless to say he SWORE I printed his graphics in ORANGE , My eyes see it as red ? Either way looks like a 100% total loss on my part.

My question is , In Corel is there a red color chart I can print ? It looks like I have to repaint every single kit for him but I told him I'd rather send a color sample.

Thanks all .

autoexebat

Thanks , I was hoping to send him a few samples with lamination ... Is there a way to print out all red's ?

CanuckSigns

Good luck, if you find a good red on your Roland, let me know! I have never been able to print a decent red that didn't look a bit orange in certain light.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Man ! Are you serious ? 18 grand and I can't print RED ?????????????????????

Sure you can. Myself and others do it most every day. Pay no attention to the inevitable tsunami of posts telling you to try this or that CMYK mix. This is merely evidence that those specimens don't know anymore about it than yourself.

There's a seemingly endless number of variables with which you must deal in order to print a good anything. It starts with just what, exactly, are you sending to your RIP? From where did it originate? Vector? Bitmap? What file format? If a bitmap, what resolution it the bitmap and what resolution are your printing? What RIP are you using? What profile? From whence did it come? What are your Rendering Intents? What dither algorithm?

These are but a small sample of issues that only nibble at the edges of the task of printing acceptable color. Even at that, it's doubtful that diddling just one or two of them will solve your dilemma. Being a journeyman digital pressman is far more art than science. It has much more to do with experience and understanding just what you're doing and, equally important, what your gear is doing than following along with any algorithm.

autoexebat

Thanks , so I'm guessing there isnt really a chart that I can print ?

Images are in Corel , CRD format and vector / 300 dpi .

This is the only customer I have had that's givin me such a hard time , I mean this guy really threw a huge fit ! I just need to figure out a way to send him some samples so I can get this behind me.

Thanks

Color Spot North

This is the only customer I have had that's givin me such a hard time , I mean this guy really threw a huge fit ! I just need to figure out a way to send him some samples so I can get this behind me.

Thanks
Try to relax, stress won't help at all here.

So you want to print all the reds to show him. If that is what you are set on doing, just take 10 minutes and make about 30-40 squares of red in Corel and print on one poster. Label each blend and call it a day.

You can also download color charts that make it easy for you.

IF you think you wont run into this problem again, then you are probably doing the right thing here, however, if you want to resolve this issue for good, you have to understand it WILL take a little color profiling to get your reds, and that is either something you want to learn personally or pay a color tech to come in for a couple days and profile for you.

Best of luck, and I am sorry you had a bad day.

autoexebat

Thanks , I will try to make a few squares and try it .. I guess I will just try for the 3 pallets that I have in corel

Color Spot North

Thanks , I will try to make a few squares and try it .. I guess I will just try for the 3 pallets that I have in corel
Let me be the first to tell you, that when the sun comes up tomorrow, the reds you print tonight will still look from orange to brown to pinkish. It is REALLY hard to get solid red without good profiles.

Now you know ahead of time, so you have all night to get over the stress that will come when the prints are out in the sun.

Roland and others should make a better way for people to hit these colors.

autoexebat

Let me be the first to tell you, that when the sun comes up tomorrow, the reds you print tonight will still look from orange to brown to pinkish. It is REALLY hard to get solid red without good profiles.

Now you know ahead of time, so you have all night to get over the stress that will come when the prints are out in the sun.

Roland and others should make a better way for people to hit these colors.

Sounds like a refund could be my best bet in this situation. I will look into it a little more and see what I can do . The customer did say ( OH I got a graphics kit from * john doe * and the red matched perfectly ) but he could be blowing smoke as far as I know. :omg:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No idea what your color management is set up to do but.
C4,M100,Y99,4K
Gives me a nice deep red out of Corel as an eps into the Flexi RIP on a Mutoh VJ1304 every time.
Someone here posted this color printing on a Roland.

wayne k
guam usa

autoexebat

No idea what your color management is set up to do but.
C4,M100,Y99,4K
Gives me a nice deep red out of Corel as an eps into the Flexi RIP on a Mutoh VJ1304 every time.
Someone here posted this color printing on a Roland.

wayne k
guam usa

Thanks , This is what I came up with.

Attachments

• color.jpg
    color.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 91

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

That looks like a screen cap, is it?
CMYK on the screen will look like that without a properly profiled monitor set up to show color proofing.
(I don't bother with what the screen looks like - because my customers don't care either).
If that is what came out of the printer and you took a photo of it then something in your color management needs to be changed.

wayne k
guam usa

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

You must mean 'CDR'. To which RIP can you input .CDR files?

Regardless...

There's lots of color charts. Just Google 'PMS charts Corel'. In the bazillion hits this generates there will be lots of charts to download and print. Another method for exploring the possibilities for just one color is to create a pair of rectangles, or whatever shape strikes your fancy, fill one of them with a red on one side of what you're seeking and the other with a red on the other side. Then blend the two objects using ten or so steps. Use the eyedropper to determine the precise color of each shape in the blend, add text to put each spec below its shape, print it and see what you get.

When you get a chart you might consider printing it [and everything else you print from that chart] with your Rendering Intents, all except for 'Bitmaps, set to "No Color Correction" or, failing that, "Saturation". Set Bitmaps to 'Perceptual'. Print the thing on the media and with the profile you're using. When you want a particular color, find it on the chart and use it. If there's two, pick the darker.

Either the chart or the blended shapes will work.

Don't be seduced by the color profile mafia who seem to think the a special profile is needed for each and every nuance of media, weather, and probably holidays. They work orders of magnitude harder than they have to and their results are functionally no better than doing exactly as described above. Sometimes different, but no better. Having been at this, with reasonable success I might add, for lo these many years I know from whence I speak..

Never forget that what comes out of the printer is the truth and once you know what that's going to be [hence the color chart(s)], you can make your gear do pretty much whatever you want it to do.

autoexebat

Thanks all , I will print out the chart.

as far as training no , the tech was pretty much out of here after machine was primed :)

J Hill Designs

color chart of all pantones using your output settings:
make sure pantone swatch is open
tools - macros
run macro
macro's in: globalmacros
select CorelMacros.CreateColorSwatch and run it
select the pantone swatch

now it should be 17 or so pages of swatches - export like you normally would, and print

SE SignSupply

Your dealer really didn't give you ANY training did they??

Print a color chart from Versaworks. If you're using corel X4 or up, it comes with the Roland color swatches.

In versaworks, make sure (under queue a or b settings) your default profile and settings are the ones that apply to this material, then go to media/color chart1.

Print it on the material you're using, laminate it with the laminate you're using, and voila - you now know what those colors will look like when you assign them in corel.

This will only work and apply to vector graphics.

I personally like PR-43K as my go-to red and to deepen it you can add a little K under file format / spot color in Versaworks.

I hope that makes sense - I don't have the time to get into more as I need to get to work but do some searching this has been discussed many times before.

This guy knows whats up! PR-43K on PCV4 or (Generic Vinyl II HD on a Pro 4 device) for the media type. I add 3-5% cyan instead of black...

Stormyj

Just another guy

Hmm, they both look red to me. I have posters I printed with cmyk and rgb colors. I let the customer pic the color they want and thats the one I use. You can print out the paletts from corel within the pallet management I think. Works for me, since I have no idea when these guys start talking about all the profiles and whatever.