• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printouts

zmatalucci

Is there a way to print dimensions on proofs?
Example: Say I print out a proof to be sent to a town planning board, and all the dimensions of the sign must be listed, is there a way to do this other than manually?

ColesCreations

Chek in the rip and print, it says "print labels", even has a little window where you can type in what you want (or try in the PM, default job settings)

(We still have 7.6.2, waiting for a refund on 8)

Manual sucks btw...

Signs101 much better:U Rock:

zmatalucci

Chek in the rip and print, it says "print labels", even has a little window where you can type in what you want (or try in the PM, default job settings)

(We still have 7.6.2, waiting for a refund on 8)

Manual sucks btw...

Signs101 much better:U Rock:
I totally agree that the manual sucks, that is why I asked. I'm actually talking about printing to a desktop printer so my guys see the measurements when they are putting the sign together. Therefore I'm not utilizing the rip&print button.
Thanks for the help!

John L

In Flexi 8.. select your drawing... then click and hold your measuring tape tool on the left menu... move across and click the tool that has dimension lines on a circle as the icon. This is a flyout tool tab when you hold down the measurement tool. This will auto-dimension your selection.

On the same flyout menu... select the one that has the dim lines away from the circle... this one will dimension the drawing elements off of your drawing border (like if the signs was 4x8, you make the drawing border 4x8 and it shows you placement off the edges of the 4x8 sign edges).

Auto dim works pretty well.. but ususally I have to redo the type size (type size of the dims) manually anyway, depending on what size sign I am working on.

Hope that helps.

MITCHATEXOTIC

easy dos it

go to set up print not rip and print set scale check deminsions you can even check print colors wich gives you a list of pms color matches but be very careful with that one because we all know inkjet is near match not exact match.