• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Prints On Both Sides Of Retail Windows

daenterpri

Hello!

I have a customer that wants us to apply solid vinyl prints on the outside and on the inside of his windows. Our primary house product is General Formulations 201 which has clear adhesive. Will we see the inside graphics through the outside graphics or visa versa? Will I need some kind of barrier film or need a grey adhesive vinyl?

Thanks for the help!

ADuke

Hello!

I have a customer that wants us to apply solid vinyl prints on the outside and on the inside of his windows. Our primary house product is General Formulations 201 which has clear adhesive. Will we see the inside graphics through the outside graphics or visa versa? Will I need some kind of barrier film or need a grey adhesive vinyl?

Thanks for the help!

Are the graphics different on both sides? Could you just do a double sided print? I would reverse print (mirror image) a graphic on a clear media then print another image on a white media with clear adhesive (not mirrored) and laminate the two images together. That way the adhesive from the clear media sticks to the window and shows an image on both sides and your only applying it to one side of the glass.

Lea Marc

Are the graphics different on both sides? Could you just do a double sided print? I would reverse print (mirror image) a graphic on a clear media then print another image on a white media with clear adhesive (not mirrored) and laminate the two images together. That way the adhesive from the clear media sticks to the window and shows an image on both sides and your only applying it to one side of the glass.
That's what we do with these kinds of graphics too, reverse print on clear then print the image again on a white-backed vinyl and mount on top of it on the window. Works well and no complaints from customers.

Steve

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
That's a good idea.

daenterpri

Thanks guys!

That would be a good idea, except that I believe there's text on these graphics so it wouldn't be a good mirror image.

Would it work to use General Formulations 6mil vinyl on this project? Would it be thick enough to avoid seeing the graphics through both sides of the window?

I want to avoid a double sided sticker with barrier film because I want the graphics to really pop on both sides.

Thanks again for the help!