• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prints on clear acrylic

edcooleyar

Hello forum.
We have a task to produce some prints on clear acrylic installed with standoffs.
What would be the best way to produce these? Or is the a wholesale coompany for this?
I've red about printing in reverese on clear vinyl and backing with white vinyl with wet application. Does this work?
We have an HP latex printer and a laminator.

Thank you.
We do these kind of prints with our Arizona. If you cannot find a solution nearby, send me a message.

sbergman

We have an HP R1000 hybrid flatbed and multicam CNC. If you would like a quote please message me. We are in NJ.

Ldiprinting

cheapest way is to print direct to the acrylic.
you can print on clear and then mount to the acrylic but you will probably need to also back with white vinyl for opacity .
reverse/backwards print on clear vinyl, mount white vinyl then mount to the acrylic panels
We print acrylics for a home builder clients show homes and this is how we do it. We have a Roland VG3 540 and not a flatbed printer, it works well and looks amazing. Just watch for dust when putting it all together.

We do alot of this, we print on 3M IJ8150 Optically clear vinyl with our HP700W. Printed in reverse with a overflood of white ink and with a 1/4" bleed. Prints are then laminated for protection and strength. Plastic is cleaned with sticky rollers several times and prints are either applied with soapy water or with the rolls roller flatbed applicator depending on their size. If applied wet, they are allowed to dry for a bit before trimming. Before we had the ability to print white, we would back with a white vinyl, or in some cases a reflective vinyl for a metallic look.
Apologies for bringing this thread back from the grave, but any tips on printing on this material? I usually don't use plastic liners and am worried about it "shrinky dinking" on the print bed. Is this a material you advise taping up first? Or do you have a preferred starting temp or interpass delay? How many passes do you generally do?

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
Apologies for bringing this thread back from the grave, but any tips on printing on this material? I usually don't use plastic liners and am worried about it "shrinky dinking" on the print bed. Is this a material you advise taping up first? Or do you have a preferred starting temp or interpass delay? How many passes do you generally do?
I ALWAYS start with it attached to the takeup reel. I generally print on 6 pass 8 color when no white ink is needed, I start at 194 degrees, may go down a degree or two. Vacuum is set to 20 and no interpass delay but will sometimes adjust that up to 300-600 if the ink does not seem to be curing 100%. If white ink is used, then things change depending on the print mode, SW, OF, UF or SP. Hope that helps as a starting point.

I ALWAYS start with it attached to the takeup reel. I generally print on 6 pass 8 color when no white ink is needed, I start at 194 degrees, may go down a degree or two. Vacuum is set to 20 and no interpass delay but will sometimes adjust that up to 300-600 if the ink does not seem to be curing 100%. If white ink is used, then things change depending on the print mode, SW, OF, UF or SP. Hope that helps as a starting point.
That worked perfectly! Thank you! I've been printing on 40C 10R- Clear for months and with the controltac it's not exactly the most "clear".

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
That worked perfectly! Thank you! I've been printing on 40C 10R- Clear for months and with the controltac it's not exactly the most "clear".
Glad to hear. I love 3M's 8150 for window graphics, but when I dont need crystal clear such as on backlit signage, I use IJ3630-114. 95% of the signage we produce are intended to be long-term/permanent. I personally havnt tried the 40c-10R clear yet, but i do run thru about 15 rolls of the 40c-10r white monthly. Great stuff!

If you need any assistance on sandwich print settings, send me a message. Cheers!

Brandon708

Print in sandwich mode or 2 layer with a reverse print with clear vinyl. Apply print to the back side.

Signs365 is not offering this type of product. They sent me a print on acrylic of the Declaration of Independance with stand offs last month. It looks really nice. We actually did something similar we printed on the HP R1000.

Attachments

• IMG_8724.jpg
    IMG_8724.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8794.jpg
    IMG_8794.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

d fleming

Miiror print on lam than top laminate that with white. I have done hundreds and hundreds of second surface full color liquor ads this way for distributors to use at the liquor stores they service.

Costa Mesa Sign

Hello forum.
We have a task to produce some prints on clear acrylic installed with standoffs.
What would be the best way to produce these? Or is the a wholesale coompany for this?
I've red about printing in reverese on clear vinyl and backing with white vinyl with wet application. Does this work?
We have an HP latex printer and a laminator.

Thank you.
UV print them second surface. You'll need to source the print work and they will need to prep your files for their system.

Do not waste time attempting these without a white ink config.

Take the job as a learning experience and collect your margins with project management / installation.

TopFliteGraphics

I know this is an older thread but at this point I have purchased at least 100 of printed acrylics from Signs365. I can't speak highly enough about this product. Our customers LOVE them! And it could not be any easier to buy from them. Their turn time is fantastic.