Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Corel

Discussion in 'Corel' started by evader, Nov 13, 2006.

1. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Canada
    I'm using Corel Draw 11. I was setting up a book for a client and was on page 72 of 96. I was saving the file after every page that was finished. I had to step out for a bit and closed the file and shut down the computer. When I returned to finish the book I was unable to open the file.

I could see the file in the preview section before clicking open but when I tried to open the file Corel would freeze up on me and say it was unable to open. I saved it to disk and tried on 2 different computers at work but the same thing happened.

Anyone know why that would happen? That's about 5 hours of work lost...and I don't want that to happen again.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    can you convert the file to cmx using the file converter?

3. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    evader -

Yeah, that can be a bummer! Had that happen a few times as well, but sure why. If you have not changed the defaults from your original CDR 11 install, then there should be an auto-backup of that file; look for "backup_of_'filename'.cdr". This has saved my bacon on more than one occasion! :) I have mine set to save the backup to the folder where the original is saved to. Tools > Options > Workspace >Save CDR will generally open the backup when it cannot the original; save it under a different name when you do get it open. Hope this works! :)

4. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Canada
    how do you do that?

5. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    its in the VBX stuff, i havent used it in a long time so I cant remember exactly where .. You dont have to open the file,, just convert.