• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with ProMag Magnetic Sheeting

fresh

In the past month, I've had 4 clients return because their magnets fell off their cars. One person even came in before it fell off to show us how the edge was rolling. We remade the magnet (at our cost) and sent him on his way.

I attributed it to a fluke, user error, etc. We were a little stumped though, because we actually put the magnets on all the cars, so I knew they fit properly and the car was clean underneath. Two weeks ago, a friend was telling me how someone they knew just got magnets from our competitor, and they didn't stick to anything. This got me thinking.

The next day, a new sign supply sales rep comes around, so I ask him if he's had any problems with magnets recently. He said yes, he's sent out 4 replacement rolls in the past month. So has anyone else had problems with ProMag .030 roll magnets? I purchased this defective roll on Nov 21, 2012, and I'm incredibly annoyed that when I called my supplier two months ago, they ignored my complaint. Like an idiot, I continued to use the roll since it was supposed to be fine, and now I'm finding out that many others have had issues in the recent past.

So a heads up to anyone who purchased ProMag in the past few months, you may have a bad roll, even if they don't admit it.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Yep Same exact problem. Kinda embarrassing since I defended the stuff as being the best in the business and never having that problem before blah blah. He brought the ones in that hadn't disappeared yet onto some road, and sure enough...dead spots...all over.
Was wondering what to do about it.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Magnum is what I use. Thought that's what he said...just realizing it wasn't.
So it may not be a related issue. But just the same...I've had my first Magnetic failures at the same time as him...odd.

fresh

ProMag is made by Magnum Magnetics. They have ProMag, PowerMag, DigiMag, etc.

Call your supplier and request a new roll.