• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problems

geb

I recently upgraded some things on my computer, service pack 2 was one, and then there were several critical windows updates kept popping up, so I updated all those. Now, of course, I'm having some problems.

I sometimes receive emails with .pdf files from persons I trust, I now can't open these, I get a message your current security settings do not allow the downloading of this file. I'm running outlook 6 for internet and email, and know there are other options available, but I'm not comfortable switching because I don't know the computer and everything about it that well, which is why it took me so long to upgrade service packs.

If anyone could tell me where I can find the proper security settings to allow downloading of these .pdf files, I would be grateful for the help.

Thanks for the help,

George

Rod

In Outlook Express.
  1. Go Tools menu >> Options.
  2. Click the Security tab.
  3. Remove tick from checkbox "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."

To check overall Windows security settings for the Internet:
  • Go Windows Start Menu >> Control Panel >> Security Center >> Internet Options

geb

That did it, thanks Rod.

On the other, Internet options, Mine is set to custom, not sure what that means though.

Thanks for the help.

George

Techman

why, with al the negative publicity about certain products..
do people put up with it when there are soem very good alternatives around..
Such as the FREE Mozilla based products.

geb

I explained in post #1 I'm not real good on the computer when it comes to fixing things. I'm leary of switching because of the unknown, if something goes wrong with the switch. But, maybe I will try this weekend. Is this something someone with my computer ability, minimal, be able to undertake?

Thanks,

George

signage

GEB backup, backup...backup before you install anything new! You shouldn't need it but just incase!

geb

I've backed up signlab and all my jobs, and plan on the fonts also beforehand. Will this be enough?

Thanks,

George