Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProDesign Software Issue

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Stroker Ace, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Stroker Ace

Stroker Ace Member

Jan 30, 2006
    I'm using a program called Pro DeSign, which is somebody's in-house version of Flexi. I have Level 3 if that's important. I've been using it on an XP equipped computer without problems. Over the weekend I installed SP2 and when I try to send a job to the Production Manager I get an error saying Production Manager Time Out. Try Again? How can I fix that? I did try reinstalling the software but that didn't change anything. Thanks.

Mark

Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Do you have a firewall on your system? Sounds like it may be stopping communications between ports!

3. Stroker Ace

Stroker Ace Member

Jan 30, 2006
    I guess I have whatever SP2 installed.

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

SP2 IS YOUR PROBLEM....1st mistake was loading it.....now i have 2 computers WITH IT, BUT it was included in the new XP CD. this machine....never had it and i will never will.....if it aint broke...DONT MESS WITH IT!!!!!!

5. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    SP2, likely it turned on your XP firewall which has caused more than a few problems. It does this by default..