• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Production Manager Crop Marks

bsm

In production manager when setting up a job to print you can add crop marks so you can cut up the job afterwards with a ruler. It only gives the option for the outside marks and not the cross type mark, so if you cut one edge you lose the marks for the next cuts.
I have attached a jpeg to show what i mean. Is there anyway to get the cross marks like in the illustration ?

Attachments

• crop marks.jpg
    crop marks.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 471

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
There are different cut marks for different plotters, I do recall that. I don't have access to the program at the moment to test.
One easy work around (the one I always used) was to draw a box the size the product needed to be with no color fill and a black stroke. Your cut lines are there and you don't have to worry about crop marks.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Try the one called Margin Marks. That is as close as Production Manager gets to what you are looking for and should do what you need.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

bannertime

The "Margins" mark is what you're looking for. Works fine for small stuff, things over 5ft I do "Tile Trim Lines."

myront

CorelDRAW is best
these are better crop marks for this. Made with one click using a CorelDRAW macro.

Attachments

• better crop marks.PNG
    better crop marks.PNG
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,995

myront

CorelDRAW is best
"cluttering the design file"?
Crop marks aren't part of the design. Once design is approved we drop the crop marks in as needed then export out for printing, close the design file without saving. Our print tech doesn't need to click, click, click their way through with the RIP to drop in crops.