• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile Help - Static Cling??

jimmeth411

Hey everybody. Just got a sample roll of static cling in today. No clue on the manufacturer, only know its clear static cling. Anybody have any ideas on what profiles to use? I know it's a broad question without knowing the brand. Just wondering if a clear vinyl profile will work. Thanks!

CS-SignSupply-TT

Static Cling is much softer than clear vinyl. What RIP are you using? Search it's pre-loaded profiles for a static cling profile; that will be your starting point.

jimmeth411

I'm using Onyx Postershop. Already went through the pre-loaded profiles, nothing for static cling. I was worried about the softness of the material and the heat settings.

petepaz

not sure if this helps but...on our roland machines i run static cling with the clear vinyl profile and my heat/dryer are both set at 40 sometimes depending on the quality of the artwork i have to use the high quality print setting for a better print(ccuts out any banding)

CS-SignSupply-TT

petepaz, I totally agree with the setting to eliminate banding. Otherwise, on the clear cling, without a spot white backer, the image will appear "washed out".

jimmeth411

Thanks Pete, I was thinking of trying that.

Ciber, I'm using the HP L25500 Latex. Didn't see anything on the website for static cling though.

jimmeth411

ok, turns out its the briteline IM3207 clear static cling. Can't find a profile for it anywhere. anyone have any suggestions on heat settings?

CS-SignSupply-TT

static cling setting

ok, turns out its the briteline IM3207 clear static cling. Can't find a profile for it anywhere. anyone have any suggestions on heat settings?

"briteline" is GRIMCO, right?

I would go to the HP website and look for their L25500 profiles for their "approved" media. In fact, check out SiHL and Intellicoat for their LATEX media.

The Briteline product is an OEM of General Formulations Concept 207 static cling media. General Formulations does have an Onyx Media Library file (OML) for this media on their web site available for download www.generalformulations.com) if you want to use a canned profile that has been built for this media.

cesarcarvalho

The Briteline product is an OEM of General Formulations Concept 207 static cling media. General Formulations does have an Onyx Media Library file (OML) for this media on their web site available for download www.generalformulations.com) if you want to use a canned profile that has been built for this media.
Extremely helpful. go this profile and used for a static material from another supplier, but worked very well.