• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile issues with 1614 & Wasatch

Adam Bennett

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced issues trying to use profiles created by media manufacturers that were created on the 1604.

The problem I'm having is that my prints are coming out at 1/3 scale and way oversaturated.

let me know if this rings a bell

thanks,

Adam

bbeens

Hi Adam-

Imaging configurations built for the 1604 are in no way compatible with the 1614 printer. If this is what you are attempting. The 1604 profiles will only work with the 1204, 1304, and the 1604. The 1614 driver has different variables, most likely the profile you are using will incorrectly print on the 1614 as the wrong resolution causing the scaling issue and over saturation. I have recently been in contact with an end user asking the same thing in your area. I would guess we are talking about the same issue.

The more I think about it, the last thing I told the customer was to contact the media supplier to see if they provided profiles.

Best Regards,

Bryan

Adam Bennett

Bummer.

I don't get my i1 until Wed. and I really need to work something out asap as we're trying to get all of our POP stuff done right away for our new shop.

Adam Bennett

oh. you're the tech from wasatch huh?

you were speaking to me last week about this.

Kirk still seems to think that we can make this work though

SE SignSupply

Hi Adam-

Imaging configurations built for the 1604 are in no way compatible with the 1614 printer. If this is what you are attempting. The 1604 profiles will only work with the 1204, 1304, and the 1604. The 1614 driver has different variables, most likely the profile you are using will incorrectly print on the 1614 as the wrong resolution causing the scaling issue and over saturation. I have recently been in contact with an end user asking the same thing in your area. I would guess we are talking about the same issue.

The more I think about it, the last thing I told the customer was to contact the media supplier to see if they provided profiles.

Best Regards,

Bryan

Other than scan speed we have seen no differences between the 1604 and 1614, what are the differences in resolution?

Thanks,
Ryan

bbeens

Ryan-

I haven't looked at the docs in quite sometime. Probably since we released the drivers. Standard procedure is if the docs from Mutoh (which are confidential and I will keep to myself here - maybe someone from Mutoh can chime in) indicate there could be any color shift or color difference between printer models than we not make the drivers share imaging configurations. I can't recall what those differences were, or frankly post them without getting into lots of trouble. NDA and what not.

If someone can drum up docs that state otherwise from Mutoh I would be interested in seeing them. Mistakes do happen after all.

Bryan

randya

Profiles should be compatible between 1204/1304/1604/1614

There is a speed increase in the 1614 and linerizations can be somewhat different between even printers of the same model, but the 1604 and 1614 are virtually identical from a RIP standpoint.

I have to admit some ignorance about Wasatch, even though I ran it at ISA in our booth this year.

The scale and oversaturation would seem to be more of a settings issue than profile.

If color correction is NOT being applied it could explain what you are seeing.

IF you RIP at one resolution but do not apply the profile you could generate say a 1440 dpi, if the profile is not being applied and the Printer Management commands are not being sent to the printer, then the printer will print the resolution that is set on the printer.

You can test this by changing the resolution on the Printer Control Panel to the same resolution in the RIP.

Sorry, I am backed up now, but will explain further if needed.