• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profiles . . . ? ? ?

Replicator

I posted this in an earlier thread about profiles, but I really need someone who has
experienced this and figured out how to do it . . . HELP !

I have a bunch of profiles on one of my computers and haven't been able to figure out
how to get them onto a new computer . . .

I've tried copying [ALL] the entire folders over to the new machine, but no luck,

They're for Flexi 7.6v2

Any Help with this ? ? :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

iSign

I think the question is not how to copy them to the new comnputer, it's how to put them in the proper place to be able to use them from flexi.

here's how I do it:

I call the vendor who sold me the Flexi program, and the upgrade, (not to mention $50K in equipment & $50K in materials in the last 2 years) ...& they tell me how to do it. :Big Laugh

I know that's not the most helpful suggestion on a Saturday, but, while I don't remember how it was done, I do remember it being less intuitative then a simple windows file handling procedure. It was slightly more similar to installing fonts, rather then just dragging & dropping files off discs or off the network.

Hopefully someone will have that information for you today, but in all honesty I think my smartass comment was also meant to be helpful to folks who don't take advantage of tech support from their vendors.

These vendors have an ongoing revenue stream from us customers & they usually will offer to support our use of the software & hardware so we can get back to consuming more consumables.

Replicator

Thanks Doug . . .

Yeah I may have to call someone, but I just figured if you copy every damn folder
and file from the program folder to the same place on the new computer
that it might work as it has in so many other programs I've done that with . . .

iSign

yep, I would have thought so too. There may be a .pdf help file somewhere on the net. Do you ever post at printingdigital.net ? I'd even try a search over there under "install profiles" maybe.

Replicator

It's not a question of getting the profiles . . . I already have them.

I just need to know how to get them from one computer to another before that
old computer goes to heaven - OOPS! - I meant HELL !

Replicator

I've searched and searched but found nothing of this dilemma, just thought
somebody had to have bought a new computer at some point and moved all
their profiles over . . .

:peace!:

Replicator

Thanks - cinemasign.grafix - I appreciate the link, but before I go and do a crazy thing like
spend $50 Bucks on a program I would only use once . . .
I'll see if anyone else here can help out or maybe on Monday
I'll just call Scanvec . . .

iSign

Do you ever post at printingdigital.net ? I'd even try a search over there under "install profiles" maybe.
yep... it ain't easy to create a forum as successful as this one at attracting non-stop activity. That's why I mentioned doing a search. I guess you did, & couldn't find anything, but it's a good resource to know about. There will be much more activity on week days & for inkjet specific information, it's worth posting your inquiries there.

maxxgraphix

If you want an exact copy just use HDCLONE.

It will make an exact copy of your HD to use on your new system.

I think in Flexi you can Add the ICC profiles from the settings menu. You just then point it to where the ICC file is.

Dumping them into the dir with the rest of them doesn't do anything.

Replicator

Thanks maxxgraphix - I don't want to clone the whole machine,
it ran like crap and had hundreds of problems,
thus the NEW machine which has been running flawlessly for several months now . . .
The old computer is just sitting in the corner unplugged with all my profiles on it . . . !

Mark L

You can actually save then to c.d. and then imput them in to you rip program.

Are you using the same version of flexi 7.6 if you upgraded to 8.0 the 7.6 won't work anymore.

I think you just have to add each individual profile one at a time.

Replicator

7.6v2 to 7.6v2 NO upgrade - Talk to me brother, where's the files data at ???

or do I have to do this by re-inputing all the info using keystrokes???

Mark L

I'm not a 100% sure I'm following you so I apologize if this sounds completely wrong ( also I'm at home so I'm going from memory lol)

In production Manager under file imput preset (profile)

Find the profile you want and imput it. That's what I mean by maybe saving your pofiles to c.d and them imputing them into production manager one at a time