• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profiles . . . ? ? ?

Replicator

Thanks Mark L, Yeah this has been a big cluster f**k and I think I figured it out,
but its not going to be the solution I was hoping for . . .

I found the profiles and the way you install them is to just right click on them and say install, then right click again and say associate with and choose your printer . . .

Only they're still not showing up, so I think the person who originally created these profiles [which wasn't me] may have created them with version 7.5 and for a MAC . . .

It still doesn't make sense, since they're running on that old PC with 7.6v2,
but at this point I'm stumped and I think I may have to recreate every profile
from scratch . . . CRAP !

Anyways - GO COLTS ! ! !

signguy95

Do you not add the ICC profiles through the production manager, by selecting the printer and going to the properties? I was just looking and it has a place to add the output ICC profiles.

Jay

Replicator

OK this is getting confusing, but let me see if I can be more specific . . .

In the RIP/PRINT under the advanced tab there is a selection for MEDIA

below there are output settings for ICM/ICC etc . . .

But in this MEDIA area on my old computer are selections such as

artist canvas blah blah blah, adhesive back vinyl matt finish, etc, etc, etc . . .

but on the new computer there are only [5] things in there under the MEDIA

options . . . I've added dozens of profiles and they show up below in the

output settings drop menu, but my issue is strictly under the MEDIA drop menu . . .

Sorry about NOT being as specific as I could have been, and I hope that maybe

some one has experienced this or knows how to fix it, or knows how to retrieve these

settings from my old computer . . . !

Replicator

thank You ! ! !

Open PM go to default job properties -color manage - media - scroll to bottom to Add

cinemasign.grafix, You are Brilliant . . . Although I am still missing a few of the
older profiles I now have a better understanding of how this works and I have been able to recover most of the ICC/ICM profiles and then match them up to
media selections that I name myself in the area where you directed me . . .

My Bad . . . If only I had asked the question properly to begin with . . .
I feel extremely stupid, but I'm glad to have learned this so thanks again
for all your help . . .

Thread Closed !
unless some of you pros want to bash me . . .
then it's thread still open and happy hunting . . . ! - LOL

:U Rock: :cool1: :thumb: . . . GO COLTS ! ! !

iSign

bash.gif

Mark L

No bashing needed

Just learning!!!! This forum is for information and I learn something every time I read