• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proof Form Verbiage

What sort of wording do you use on your mockups to state that the final job may vary slightly from the proof? We installed a 21' x 6' sign that weighs close to 500 lbs. The proof shows the sign a little less that 12" higher than the final placement. We had to move it slightly down because there is a 12" tall steel I beam in the way. If we went higher there is a facade that we would not feel safe hanging that much weight on. We had to go back to talk to the second in command (above the social media guy we've been dealing with) and after explaining it to him he understands. I would just like to add some verbiage to our proof form to COA.

2B

NOTE:
Design placement and/or design scale as seen in the proof is a close approximation.
The final placement can/will be modified at the time of installation, based upon the situation and onsite factors.
If the exact placement is critical, please make this known at or before the time of design approval.
Once production has started, any change(s) can / will affect the final price

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What sort of wording do you use on your mockups to state that the final job may vary slightly from the proof? We installed a 21' x 6' sign that weighs close to 500 lbs. The proof shows the sign a little less that 12" higher than the final placement. We had to move it slightly down because there is a 12" tall steel I beam in the way. If we went higher there is a facade that we would not feel safe hanging that much weight on. We had to go back to talk to the second in command (above the social media guy we've been dealing with) and after explaining it to him he understands. I would just like to add some verbiage to our proof form to COA.
In a situation like that, you just have to explain the reality of the situation. This one would be on the person who took the measurements and did the project specs- which is why we always take our own measurements. Sometimes things are unforeseen, again, it's a conversation involving an professional explanation of how it is.

NOTE:
Design placement and/or design scale as seen in the proof is a close approximation.
The final placement can/will be modified at the time of installation, based upon the situation and onsite factors.
If the exact placement is critical, please make this known at or before the time of design approval.
Once production has started, any change(s) can / will affect the final price
Thank You