• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proper vinyl for drywall?

doublesky

Ive used 1005EZ w/ DOL1000 - also a little heat on install. Worked great, it's been 3 years and its still holding up well.

mekazilla

Here's the finished wall. I used mactac wall mask and sprayed it with benjamin moore latex.
That way I'll never wonder if it's gonna stick and I could have the exact green the customer wanted.

Attachments

• IMAGE_290.jpg
    IMAGE_290.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 113

flyinhawaiian968

While some may think this is totally unrealistic and silly to do, I printed directly to Oracal 200 lam (satin finish), cut it and masked just like any other vinyl. Installed it and its in place well with absolutely no peeling up.

There's a thousand ways to skin a cat, this one just works for me and hasn't failed yet. Photo of wall is of the job 2 months old, forgot camera when I did it, and just got a chance to get back and check the job, snap some photos and leave with happy, content customers.

Attachments

• DSC_2299.jpg
    DSC_2299.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 94

skyhigh

Recently I did one job that the vinyl wouldn't stick as if there was no sticky on the vinyl at all.. But, that has happened only once in all the years I've done latex painted walls. And there was nothing I could do to fix it.

Welcome to a silicone additive in your latex paint. Press a piece of masking tape on the wall, and a gently breeze will blow it off.

Brands Imaging

that allstate wall looks pretty rough too -

if i get a non-scuff non-skid type of wall like that I just sand it a bit and it creates an great adhesion.