• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

protecting signage for being picked at

slappy

I'm doing a few 24"x30" signs, 2 actually, for a small community park that will be hung on the fence. (Just playground rules, more directed to adults then children)

I'm using 10mm alumacorr with oracal751 cast vinyl.

Is there any kind of spray or roll on protection to prevent people from picking at the vinyl? I have frog juice here, both spray and the quart.
Normally these are hung out of reach so i've never really had to ask about this prior.

Also, should i end cap these?

slappy

Thanks You Jesse :smile:

Just wasn't sure if there was anything else out there that is different nowadays then the frog juice

gnemmas

I would upsell clear laminates for graffiti protection.

More $$, protect the cut vinyl from being picked.

Marlene

clear acrylic over it or print in reverse on clear or clear laminate or electric fence in front of signs

Mosh

Print it and forget about it.... put it on Max-Metal and there is NO NEED to end cap.

slappy

Acrylic is out of the budget. I'll look into the lam. That might be nice to have here anyways. Electric fence is way out of budget Marlene lol.

I have the 10mm here and trying to use up all i got in house. I figured the 10mm cause if someone throws something at it, it's thick.. but I also have dibond and polymetal here also that i could use here to. But they are 4mm and less.

I don't have a printer either. I sub that out. I only do plotted vinyl here. That's why i was asking about the picking.

Thanks all

J Hill Designs

Acrylic is out of the budget. I'll look into the lam. That might be nice to have here anyways. Electric fence is way out of budget Marlene lol.

I have the 10mm here and trying to use up all i got in house. I figured the 10mm cause if someone throws something at it, it's thick.. but I also have dibond and polymetal here also that i could use here to. But they are 4mm and less.

I don't have a printer either. I sub that out. I only do plotted vinyl here. That's why i was asking about the picking.

Thanks all

no matter how thick it is, the aluminum skin is still only .015" thick, so a rock will dent either choice

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just put a piece of laminate over it, but rigid lam, not liquid.

End-cap for aesthetics only.

slappy

I was thinking after you said about dings about the core buckling when they go to tighten it to the fence, that wouldn't be pretty....

My other thought was .080 aluminum 24x30" blank from grimco... but then i won't get to use the circular saw! :rolleyes: lol

Jillbeans

I'd use .080 aluminum, which is playground grade, rounded corners.
Edge cap can be picked off too.
When I did signs for a pool park I subbed them out to be cleared at an auto body shop.
The little b@stards still picked through that!
What about masking and painting?
Love....Jill

slappy

So, i went with my gut,., I just ordered them from Grimco, the .080 white blanks.

I couldn't cut my 8' piece of poly because in the back of my mind was little kids throwing stones at it and i started to see all the dings as i was getting ready to cut:banghead:

Thanks everyone