• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prototype Squeegee Opinion Poll

Would You Buy This Squeegee?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Below is a series of pictures which explain and present another member's concept for a new application squeegee. I am posting it for opinions and feedback without mentioning the member's name. The pictures give a good explanation of what it does. I have no involvement with this product other than to post this thread.

Please post your thoughts and also answer the accompanying poll.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 428
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 329
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 297
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 322
  • pic 5.jpg
    pic 5.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 275
  • pic 6.jpg
    pic 6.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 304
  • pic 7.jpg
    pic 7.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 279
  • pic 8.jpg
    pic 8.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 300

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Pictures Continued:

Attachments

• pic 9.jpg
    pic 9.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 253
  • pic 10.jpg
    pic 10.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 223
  • pic 11.jpg
    pic 11.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 269
  • pic 12.jpg
    pic 12.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 280

paul luszcz

Reminds me of the years I spent in school working on my Industrial Design degree.

Clever, wacky, one size fits all. Essentially a solution in search of a problem.

I prefer a collection of simple tools like a ruler, roll of tape, exacto knife, etc.

Shovelhead

It's a Lambourghini......

when a Yugo will get you were you're going.
I personally don't need suction cups or a level.
I've never used a level once before.
Sorry for being a dream crusher.

Samm

I'm with Paul, I like having all my bits and pieces.

Mind you I'll see what I have to say next time I'm running around searching for a missing knife - that is generally poked into my ponytail! LOL

xSam

Last edited:

SirSlarty

More parts means more potential for them to break/wear down faster.

I don't like the idea of a blade. Potential finger cutting. Getting a few a day makes you want to reduce those.

If the hard plastic squeegee part wears down unevenly after a lot of use, the level is rendered useless for straight lines.

Good idea if executed well.

Ogriv

I think it's very creative and very "Go GO Gadget Squeegie", but I don't think it's very practical. It's been my experience that when I am trying to align or level a graphic to glass (I mention glass, because your device has suction cups), I have one hand on the graphic and the other hand on a ruler or level. I only use my level (2ft or 3ft in length) on large graphics where there is nothing to measure from. This device looks too small to level a large graphic without an error. If I'm using some aspect of the middle of the large graphic to level, then the suction cups would be useless because I doubt they would stick to the transfer tape. I have also had bad experiences using the "pull through to cut" type cutting devices. I prefer a rolling cutter or my trusty X-Acto knife for cutting and trimming during an install.

All in all, I think it would be a bit too small to really be an effective leveling or measuring device. When time is money, I believe it is much faster to grab the individual tools from my easily accessable tool tray.

But I will commend you for a great effort.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
When applying vinyl and my hands are full; I'm always holding my squeegee between my teeth. I could definitely see my lip hanging off my face when I forget about the razor... It looks kind of cumbersome and I don't think it would work very well.
I work extremely fast out my tool pouch so it's not for me.

mark in tx

I don't think it would save any real time if the rulers are detachable, in the time it would take to attach the two pieces and make sure they are level and straight, I could pull out a longer ruler that I know is straight and mark a surface.
What happens when the squeege is worn down? It won't be a straight line anymore.

Interesting ideas, but I think its trying to put too many functions into one tool. A swiss army squeegee.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Where are the toothpick holder and the tweezers ??

I hope you realize that with the new security codes throughout the country you probably won’t be able to pass through certain gates with that contraption. I can just see doing a job at the town Court House and your sending off all the alarms with your squeegee kit. Start taking it apart to show the guard and then the ‘Bomb Squad’ comes in to check that thing out.

Not trying to rain on your parade Mr Unknown, but it seems a little too ‘Mickey Mouse’ at this stage. I trust this is some sort of gag. Possibly after going through some Beta sites and some fine tuning, it might work, but for now a string, pencil, and folding ruler is all I need. The squeegee still fits in my shirt pocket.

Besides, how many times do you get to a job site and forget something ?? Well, if you forget one item, you can usually adlib. If you forget this thing, you’re up that famous river without your paddle and trusty toothpick and tweezers.

Good Luck………

technowolf

very creative gadget .....but I prefer my good individual professional tools, by the way I keep my squeegee, knife and mesurering tape on my belt...always.

But i think you can seel this to lots of part time rookies out there...

Marlene

For all the reasons above, I wouldn't want one. Kind of looks like soemthing Q came up with for James Bond.

Flame

Great idea... but it just wouldn't fly around here. I think it would get too cumbersom. And I honestly don't need a ruler or level on my squeegee. Just purposeless to me.

Like I said though, good idea!

WVB

Individual tools do their individual jobs well. All in ones do all the jobs but at a below average job... Take camcorders for instance. They will shot video exceptionally well. However, the digital camera portion come out below average for prints.

The level is good, as I do use them albeit not all the time to justify "must have" built in

The razor is a very good idea especially on installs. However, it is up way to high... It must resemble the cheap .95 cents envelope openers such as I have velcroed to my plotter to cut the vinyl off.

Suction cups at where they are would be in my way. From my experience those little suction cups never work anyways. In fact I have them on our guest bathroom on the shower curtain. They never suction to the tile...

The handle I already have by Lidco and really like them. But a lot of times I have to take them off for installs in tight areas etc.

Over all from what I have seen I would not pay more then what I pay for my 3M Gold squeegees. This squeegee will wear out and at the cost something such as this would cost you, it would not be very economical for a consumable object.

southlandgraphics

Well, I think it is a good idea and good ideas lead to GREAT ideas. I think its awesome that God gave you the talent to come up with things like that. I am a fan of people finding other ways to do things all the time. I am not saying it may be the best way at the time, but it could lead to a much better way down the line. Just look at Tucker's automotive glass. We use it every day. Stay encouraged Mr. Unknown.

southlandgraphics

something I should have added earlier to close my comment with, is a famous quote that I used for my high school graduation-

"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve."

signs2trade

America Is What It Is Today Because Of People Thinking Out Side The Box (or Squeeze In This Case). Keep On Thinking....i Respect Anyone That Takes A Idea And Acts On It.
Would I Buy One...yes If Priced Right.....not Over 10.00
Would I Use It...i Dont Know...
Good Luck