• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prototype Squeegee Opinion Poll

Would You Buy This Squeegee?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

Creative_Lance

Don't get all offended. lol

I think you overthought such a simple tool. I like the idea, but I really can't see myself using one. Try narrowing it down a bit. I know, I'm probably talking to a wall right now, but why not just stick to... JUST a replaceable tip and a slitter? If you make it a VERY safe slitter, and have the tip replaceable, I could possibly see one or two of these things sneaking into my shop. However... I see no need for suction cups, tape measures and especially a level.

Think "less is more". Pefect it a bit, take some of the useless doodads off of it, and you might end up with a winner.

Just my $0.02.:Cool 2:
I like what you wrote flamy, thanks for your great opinion :thumb:

Samm

I am Useless with those kind of slitters, I always seem to have reps throwing them at me, one day one will wind up down someone's throat.

How can I make sense here...being a lover of the good old knife...Maybe a squeegee with a lid so to speak? A felt-edged top that comes off (with a safety catch of some sort) lengthways, the bottom part accommodating the blade within?

Dad ran something along these lines past me many years ago when he used to see me swearing with squeegee in mouth and knife out of reach when I have something that I cant let go of LOL

xSam

Ken

I do sometimes use the inch scale on my squeegee to line up lines of text and would really like to have it in finer increments than 1/4 inch. So I think a real measuring tool, say down to 1/8 inch would be good. An interchangeable felt/plastic edge would be great also. I think I could do without the level bubble, 'cause others have mentioned, such a short length will cause errors in levelling. How about one edge ( or end) curved a little for doing installs on vehicles?
I have one registered industial design ( Canadian) from long ago, and I applaude your inventiveness and desire to create a better tool for all of us!
WTG Lance...
Ken

Creative_Lance

thanks for your input Ken, if you notice i already have one tip rounded and the other is square but i'm still working on it now and pretty soon i will have the finished design posted again for more opinions.

Marlene

Now that's kind of cool. I like the it's a squeegee, it's a scrapper as that's something that would cut back on what I have to drag around with me on a job.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Remember, this is meant as questions & comments and not a ‘Put Down’ to your tool.

• Do you expect to have the same amount of pressure being used on your tool as being applied to one piece squeegees ?? I doubt yours will accept the pressure needed in most cases.
• If this tool is going to be interchangeable, won’t things get all sticky and messed up while changing on the fly ??
• Will this really speed things up ??
• Are the extra tools going to rattle around inside, becoming annoying ??
• How long do you expect this tool to last before it wears out ??
• Will the tools I already have in the shop fit inside your tool or must I buy customized fitted tools to fit ??
• Do you really want this thing hanging around your neck ??

All kidding aside, let’s be practical…. if this thing costs more than $4.00… why would I pay for all the things I already have ?? As far as dropping things or cutting yourself, we run those risks already. This is nothing like inventing a television or anything else new. This is merely a combo of things like at McDonald’s… ‘Super Size’ this. :unclesam: It worked for them and maybe it will for you. However, as I see more and more of it, I too think there’s too much jammed into a little package that will not be highly functional compared to the stand alone tools.

I’m sorry, but we carry a case with us and we have every possible tool you would need for ‘On-Site’ jobs. The case is very small and we have a check list right along side of where we keep it in the shop to make sure we have everything. After years of relying on ourselves, it was quite easy to make the check list and add to it if we come across something new. We have three of these kits, so we can have several directions going at one time if necessary.

And yes Rog, we even have wet method application fluids and removal fluids with it.

We also have check lists for our trucks.

The best idea so far was a small portable 4B for when you screw things up and you’re 27 miles from the shop.

Good Luck........

Craig Sjoquist

that size squeege is low cost so NO.... someone has to much time on there hands lol fun idea tho ... so make it more practical ..... thank you n enjoy life

Mac34

Seems interesting, but I'll stay with my good ole cheap white squeegee. Say what ya want, I like them better than the gold one's for whatever reason? :)

S

Sign-Man Signs

I like new gadgets. This one is a little busy but I understand the concept and direction. Like most, I like to use different tools one at a time. When your hands are full, I think it would be a burden to use. Maybe you could put a siren on it for when you have Rapid Remover on it and stick it in your mouth. I really hate that numb feeling you get for a few hours.

creative

At the company i used to work before become a signmaker I was a Prototype Engineer at the R&D Engineering Dept.
I can tell you all ,that many of the gadgets I've developed were ridiculous for many people and they LOL many times, specialy those who never contributed to speed up the production, but when my name came up on company meetings and job offers from other companies over my desk, i looked my self in the mirror, proud of who I am.
Keep in mind "Just because it has been done the same way for long time, doesn't mean that is been done right"

good luck.

p.s. been a business owner for me is a lot better than being sitting at a nice office in the engineering dept. (besides I make more money now he,he,he)