• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ProWraps, hate to break your heart but...

phototec

YUUUUP, there is more and more information coming out everyday about all these so called reality shows being FAKE, STAGED, and scripted.

The shows writers sit in a room and try and think how they can come up with all kinds of drama for each new episode to get us donkeys to watch, YUUUUP, I call my self a donkey also, cause even though I know it's all fake, I still tune-in and watch...

Just like Storage Wars, don't you think if someone left their HIGH $ valuables in the locker, they would go pay the back rent to get access to any high dollar item. The truth is, the real abandoned lockers are filled junk, and the producers of the show, just like for Pawn Stars, make arrangement with the storage facility before filming, and they open the lockers and hide a few high value items in there for the WOW effect.

How do you think Barry comes up with the wacky stunts for each episode, night vision goggles, a midget on stilts, hover-craft with a camera flying into the locker, this is all Hollywood, just for the entrainment value, no-one would really do this stuff at a real abandoned locker sale.

There is a new version called Storage Wars TEXAS, and a good friend of mine has a brother-in-law working in the TV industry in the Dallas area and he said that this show is just like any TV production, and most scenes are very staged and planned out. He even said the key actors are all compensated for there participation in the show, something like 10-12K per episode.

All to sell commercial air time... "Hee Haw"

:omg2:

visual800

It all started with storage wars, once I found that was BS it just led to others. One thing that always amazed me is that he always had a buddy that specialized in whatever item someone brought in. A Kneecap off a triceratops, NO PROBLEM, "lemme get my buddy in here he has been collecting those for 45 years"

and now for ricks restorations. I like to see the before and after but its probably also staged. I mean who let Rick restore something and THEN when they come to get it we all sit down and discuss price. Restorers usually want their money up front and during a resto!...TV really sucks

ThinkRight

Survivor is still real.
It is and always has been a social game more than surviving.
But when you are out of your comfort zone , your real personality shows up.
Hell, I have applied for Survivor 27 times.
Those a$$e$ will not call me.

TheSnowman

I mean who let Rick restore something and THEN when they come to get it we all sit down and discuss price. Restorers usually want their money up front and during a resto!...TV really sucks

He always quotes it up front before they walk away and he starts on it. I don't doubt it's somewhat staged...but I'd have to believe they can really restore stuff.

Locals Find!

All Reality shows have some staging otherwise they would be really boring. Can you imagine how much garbage must come into a pawn shop on a daily basis? Not everything brought in has to be worth looking at.

SignBurst PCs

I have never believed that they are "real", but it doesn't stop me from watching. It is entertainment, plain and simple. Not only that, but my daughter loves watching it with me and she gets to learn a bit of history. Nothing wrong with a little educational father-daughter time.

Graphics2u

I like Pawn Stars but either the experts are overestimating the values of items or people are just plain dumb to sell them! Last night for example, not sure if it was rerun or not but it was first time i saw it, a guy comes in who is Les Paul's Nephew. Has a personaal guitar of Les Paul's and a bunch of letters and paper work signed by Les Paul. The expert comes in and says it could be worth at least $150,000 maybe more. So the Guy sells for $90,000????? Anyone in their right mind would not take a 6 figure collector's item and sell it and take that kind of loss, if the expert was right about it's value!

xCROUSEx

I have always loved going to estate sales and garage sales and reselling things on ebay. I make an extra couple of hundred here and there, but do it mostly as a hobby.

When I saw Storage Wars, although very entertaining, I knew it had to be staged. Buying and selling peoples crap is rarely that glorifying.

ChicagoGraphics

YUUUUP, there is more and more information coming out everyday about all these so called reality shows being FAKE, STAGED, and scripted.

The shows writers sit in a room and try and think how they can come up with all kinds of drama for each new episode to get us donkeys to watch, YUUUUP, I call my self a donkey also, cause even though I know it's all fake, I still tune-in and watch...

Just like Storage Wars, don't you think if someone left their HIGH $ valuables in the locker, they would go pay the back rent to get access to any high dollar item. The truth is, the real abandoned lockers are filled junk, and the producers of the show, just like for Pawn Stars, make arrangement with the storage facility before filming, and they open the lockers and hide a few high value items in there for the WOW effect.

How do you think Barry comes up with the wacky stunts for each episode, night vision goggles, a midget on stilts, hover-craft with a camera flying into the locker, this is all Hollywood, just for the entrainment value, no-one would really do this stuff at a real abandoned locker sale.

There is a new version called Storage Wars TEXAS, and a good friend of mine has a brother-in-law working in the TV industry in the Dallas area and he said that this show is just like any TV production, and most scenes are very staged and planned out. He even said the key actors are all compensated for there participation in the show, something like 10-12K per episode.

All to sell commercial air time... "Hee Haw"

:omg2:

Storage Wars might be fake, but I have a friend that buys storage sheds and it's amazing what he finds in them at the price he pays for them. One of the sheds a couple of years ago he paid $150.00 for it and it was jamed packed with what looked like junk untill he got to the back that's where it all paid off for him, there were 16 rifles from the civil war,a couple of machine guns, a slew of daggers and a bunch of other war items, then there was the "BOX" in this box was gold, silver, 3 real Rolex watches and lots of cash, so for 150 bucks I guess it is worth buying storage sheds. Maybe I should leave the sign business and start buying storage sheds at auction, LOL

Storage Wars might be fake, but I have a friend that buys storage sheds and it's amazing what he finds in them at the price he pays for them. One of the sheds a couple of years ago he paid $150.00 for it and it was jamed packed with what looked like junk untill he got to the back that's where it all paid off for him, there were 16 rifles from the civil war,a couple of machine guns, a slew of daggers and a bunch of other war items, then there was the "BOX" in this box was gold, silver, 3 real Rolex watches and lots of cash, so for 150 bucks I guess it is worth buying storage sheds. Maybe I should leave the sign business and start buying storage sheds at auction, LOL

I have a buddy as well that's in the same ordeal, and he has gotten his money back and a decent profit on a few things. If you really think about it, people that are late on a storage unit more than likely are late on a few other things. In the scope of things that storage unit may not be as important as their house/car. And if it is in storage that means that it wasn't important enough to be in the possession all of the time, thus most likely forgetting about it.... but as sad as it is that storage wars is fake... I still love the show!!

Pat Whatley

I like Pawn Stars but either the experts are overestimating the values of items or people are just plain dumb to sell them! Last night for example, not sure if it was rerun or not but it was first time i saw it, a guy comes in who is Les Paul's Nephew. Has a personaal guitar of Les Paul's and a bunch of letters and paper work signed by Les Paul. The expert comes in and says it could be worth at least $150,000 maybe more. So the Guy sells for $90,000????? Anyone in their right mind would not take a 6 figure collector's item and sell it and take that kind of loss, if the expert was right about it's value!

If you do a search on it there's a whole lot of discussion about that guitar and lots of others that have been sold on the show. Most of the guitars are from Cowtown Guitars and the people bringing them in are either employees of Cowtown or they are paid actors. Then they bring in "the expert" from Cowtown to appraise them. Essentially they are using the show to make announcements that they are listing a rare guitar/gun/antique on ebay. The Les Paul you mention wasn't actually sold to the pawn shop. The pawn shop is selling it on a commission basis....it's already at $100,000 on ebay.