• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ProWraps, hate to break your heart but...

phototec

While I see your point in most cases, there is still some possible explanations, such as:

• Death
  • Extreme illness
  • Imprisonment

Fred you are truly wise, I had over looked those possibilities, however, would you really store high value items like in this story in a storage locker?

Come-on, would you?

Most of the storage lockers on Storage Wars are not the climate controlled type, actually I have not seen one episode yet with a climate controlled unit.

Who would store high value Civil War firearms in such a locker, they would surely rust if stored in the type of lockers shown on the TV show. I have helped friends move item from these type of storage lockers, and after items have been in there for a year or two, everything is musty and moldy, not a place for high value items!

:thumb:

thewood

Well then those actors/actresses on the show "Intervention" are very, very good at playing drug addicts!!! :omg: And the people who fill houses with trash, old food, dead cats, mold, scum and everything else on the show "Hoarders" should win major awards for set design!!! :omg:

I never knew they were fake! I had my suspicions about Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, Shipping Wars, American Pickers, American Restoration, Canadian Pickers and such, but I thought Intervention & Hoarders were somewhat "real". Well, glad I know they're fake now. I'll stop watching those too!! :noway:
:tongue:

"Somewhat real" is the key phrase there. While the subjects may be somewhat real, the finished product you see on tv has been edited and distilled into something less than reality.

And speaking of "Intervention", I question how real that is. I mean what junky allows tv crews to follow them around and then becomes surprised that they are not filming "a documentary on addiction"? I call shenanigans. Have none of these addicts seen or heard of the show? I never told you to stop watching your favorite programs, T3. I just don't think they are real--it's tv.

legacyborn

I don't buy this story, you have to be a fool to leave gold, silver, 3 real Rolex watches and lots of cash in a storage locker. These are small items you keep at home in a safe under your bed or in a safety deposit box at a bank.

:help

While I would agree with some of these items (like the cash, and the rolex) I have purchased and found gold and small amounts of money and other items in peoples units before. Along with photo albums, tax paperwork, class rings, and many other items I would have assumed people wouldn't leave in a storage unit.

The person that trained me in the sign industry lost around 5k worth of sign equipment and materials because he couldn't come up with the $500 to pay for the unit he was storing his stuff in. I've also seen perfectly good working vehicles going for $100. It's very crazy stuff sometimes and fun. Problem is now that everyone and their grandmother goes to them thinking it's easy money. Last time I went to an auction there were 40 groups bidding for 3 small units.

jimmysigns

cake boss is fake, my daughters friend was one of his customers, her sweet 16 was one of his shows. they staged problems between the daughter and her mom to make the show more interesting. I met the guy when I dropped my daughter off. Nice guy. his truck lettering sucked tho :smile:

Mosh

We should do the "intervention" show. All you guys could come to my farm and try and get me to stop-a-drinkin!!!!
Me drinkin and shootin things is as real as it gets...in fact tonight....I'll post that later.

Bly

Do you people have to ruin EVERYTHING??

You mean even that time that bald musclehead repo man got tased and wet himself it wasn't real???

Mummy make the bad men stop.

cdiesel

I have a friend who used to buy/sell lockers and a friend who still does. The one friend quit because they weren't making much in the long run. Sure, they'd find a gem here and there, but most of it was a lot of work for a little profit. The other friend just seems to enjoy it.

We also have a client that manages about 30 storage facilities in the area. There are definitely times where people find some amazing things like mentioned above. He also agrees that a lot of it has to do with extreme circumstances, such as death, mental illness, etc.

S'N'S

The biggest problem with American reality shows is that ........................... we end up with the crap here.

Last edited:

Baz

To hell with all of you! .... Last night i couldn't watch Storage wars or Shipping wars! I just can't anymore now that i know it is totally scripted! I was lucky that PBS had back to back American experience documentaries. First was Annie Oakley then it was on Jesse James. And NO COMMERCIALS! man gotta love that :thumb: (i don't own a PVR yet so i'm forced to switch chanels when the commercials go on :covereyes:)