• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pub Logo

Joe Diaz

So my brother initially took down the information on this project. On his work order he wrote the number "13" down, but the "1" and the "3" were so close together that it read "Pub B". So that is where I had the idea to make the "B" in "PUB" double as a "13" Other than that, there are no tricks to this design. It's a pretty straight forward layout, but I think it should work well for this business.

pub13.jpg

TwoNine

Joe.....When I grow up, I want to be even just 25% of the man you are.....That would work well enough for me....

Good God. Beautiful.

-Chad

Ken

Hi Joe.
Wondering if "1 and 3" were left as white text it may allow "PUB" to read better?
Liking the small drop shadows. Nice that you are showing the grey scale image.
Cheers !
Ken

Circleville Signs

As always your ideas are great, Joe!!!

I would only mention a couple of thoughts from an outside perspective.

1. I would lose the beveling in "PU13"

2. I would seriously consider losing the script "thirteen" and let the B/13 stand on it's own. That is a sick cool idea and would stick really quickly, i think.

Great job, Joe. If I had to give any advice to critique this piece I couldn't so I think you've done your job here. It's awesome how a simple misinterpretation of handwriting can result in a fantastic creative concept.

Oh yeah, and I also think the colored version would make a really cool beer coaster.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Very sweet... love the clever use of the "B", and I subdued bevel... really, autograph my butt!

Joe Diaz

I'm afraid that if we were to drop the script "thirteen" it will just read "PUB" to some. The 13 part is important to the owner (his old football number), so it needs to be obvious. having the "B/13" white, was considered, But I'm afraid that not having it a different color would be too subtle and would be lost on many people. That's why I chose to do it the way I did. We'll see though. I think that all is going to be up to the client, either way I don't think it will harm the design.

Maybe for things like apparel/hats, they could just stitch the "PU13", but for things like signage I think this is the way to go.

I'm wondering why you don't like the bevel though? I don't think it distracts in a negative way, It certainly isn't loud enough that it hurts the legibility.

Circleville Signs

I don't care for the bevel mostly because of my own tastes :smile:

For a sign, I would not do that as digital print. Rather as somethign dimensional, and therefore the bevel would be real, and not simulated. For the logo itself, I just like clean and flat - as ti makes it easier to reproduce, etc. It also fits the "retro" them a little better.

Totally understand where you are coming from with the script - that was just my initial impression. Love the concept though man - you rarely float anything that isnt' good :smile:

vid

So my brother initially took down the information on this project. On his work order he wrote the number "13" down, but the "1" and the "3" were so close together that it read "Pub B". So that is where I had the idea to make the "B" in "PUB" double as a "13"...

I love those happy accidents... outstanding work!

TwoNine

@ TwoNine, If you were 25% of Joe D, you'd be a very tiny fella! LOL

Mmm Hmm...Quite possibly. Good things, small packages....???? Wait...That could be taken in different ways, huh?

It's not long.....But it sure is SKINNY!!!! Whoa. Too far..........