• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

purchased signlab 8 - program stopped working

gabagoo

So I purchased an upgrade to Signlab 8, and truthfully I loaded it into my laptop but really have not used it yet. In any case they require you to send the old dongle back in a supplied envelope which we did 2 days after we received the new software. I have heard nothing from them and today the program says that my trial period is over. $875 for a trial? Sheesh. I phoned there offices and got voice mail and left a message of the importance of having the program working and we are dead in the water without it, with no call back yet. Good thing I have 2 work stations here lol. Not sure why I upgraded anyways.

signage

When I upgraded I didn't have to send back my dongle all they did was give me new licensing files!

CS-SignSupply

Common practice for most software vendors that require dongle. Recommend you supply tracking number to the supplier you purchased from and if shown as delivered, they should be able to email you a code or new password or license file or whatever you need.

Standard Postal Mail is not recommended as it is next to impossible to truly track your package and get proof of delivery. UPS/FedEx/DHL whatever it takes.

If your key was new enough, you may not have required a new key to run the newer version.

Best of luck.

iSign

I believe it is often on upgrades from parallel dongles that a new dongle is required.
I would consider trying to re-install the program if there are not a lot of customizations done to your workspace or pallettes.

I would also hunt down some better numbers to call, including a sign supply you might have purchased Signlab from, or even a supplier you purchase a lot of other stuff from, who sells Signlab, as they may have a better number.

2 days without a call back is ludicrious... you need a better phone number

gabagoo

Thats how they treat us Canadians it seems. We sent the old dongle back via UPS so there will be a trail and a signature, but I find it strange that I have to call them to get it working, and they have never bothered to try and contact me. I can see nothing has changed with their methods. In fact when I gave them the dongle number off of out origianl dongle that is still here they said they don't even have it on file!!! nice

CS-SignSupply

Your best bet would be to contact the reseller from which you purchased from... They will have inside contacts. Be sure to send them the UPS Tracking number as confirmation. Probably already done this.

gabagoo

well I decided to call back and this time I got someone and he is going to e-mail me the codes. Not sure why they didn't call back, but then I am guilty of that at times lol

CS-SignSupply

Seeing as the dealer can not issue or create such codes, they are often caught in the middle. BUT, they should be your advocate and first line of support to the manufacturer.

Good to hear it will be resolved for you.