• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchasing equipment, what I hate . . .

jayhawksigns

Telling people I bought a different printer.

Maybe its because I have done so many in the past couple weeks, but I am glad that I have finally taken the last call from the dealers I got a quote from and told them they are not getting a check from us. Getting quotes on five different machines with at least two quotes on each, and each one wanting to know what we got and why theirs wasn't good enough.

That's why when our original Summa plotter died it was easy, just called Summa and bought the newest model they had.

Doesn't help that I don't like salesmen anyways.

visual800

I commend you on at least telling them they didnt win your love. I wish more customers would do us that way instead of ignoring!

i also do this when i can let people know Im not going to use them

signswi

You can approach that two ways.

1) Tell them you don't want to discuss it, hang up
2) Explain to them the reasoning, if they're good sales people they'll file away that info and know what you're looking for, so they can better target what they approach you with

Option 2 makes more sense to me but there's nothing wrong with option 1, you don't owe them anything. I'm sure you quote out a billion jobs a year that don't turn into orders as well, that's the game.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
lie like a sunofbitch and tell them you got it thousands of dollars cheaper than their quote - just to make their day.....

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I try to make it real simple, here is my best price let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I never follow up on quotes, if you like my price give me a shot. If you dont like my price have a nice day and thanks for the oppurtunity.

petepaz

as long as they are not a pain in the ass i am up front with them. tell them we are getting multiple quotes and the owner is handling it. which is usually the case and most of them understand. some don't bother any more after that and some ask to get a shot to try and match the best price. i do have one vendor calls like 3 times a month, sends me emails when they have a truck in our area, craziness. i have your info, pricing and when i need something you sell i will order.