Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puter question for Techman.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by Shovelhead, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    or anyone else for that matter.....
    could you point me in the direction of a web page that breaks
    down the different classifications of CPU cores...(i.e. Prescott,
    Cedarmill, etc.)
    I don't know where to begin a GOOGLE on this topic.
    :thumb:

Tags:
  2. Ogriv

Ogriv Member

Dec 21, 2004
    This site always has alot of info, although not sure if it breaks down each class, it does benchmark many many processors.

Toms Hardware

3. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Its a good question,, there are few sites around that actually compare CPU's side by side. Usually we have to search around and read a multitude of data to sort out the choices.
    As we all can see. Total CPU speed is just about at its limit. However, processing a total package of data is getting faster by using more cores within a CPU.

The problem is that the newest OS from M$ is such a resource hog that it is likel your XP machine will run faster in the long run.

4. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

A couple of sites i always hang around and read up on new stuff is:
    www.tomshardware.com and www.neoseeker.com ... They have lots of reviews and they compare allot of products against each other.