• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about finishing BANNERS...

J

john1

I use power tape on banners made in house, No problems here.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thanks Wayne,
I will need to look into that as well.

Does it react like contact cement where once dry you touch the two sides together or do you have to do it before it dries?

Does it smell as bad as contact cement?

Just about the same as contact cement, you let it skin over for a few minutes and then set the fold. It's a one shot deal once it touches.
The trick to using it is an even smooth coat just like contact cement.
Practice on some scrap...-
To thick (or an errant drop) and it will burn through ruin the banner.
Easiest way to get started is to put it into a squirt bottle and then use a squeegee to spread it out down the hem (don't use the supplied brush). Once you get that down switch to a glue roller and go to town.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• glue-roller.jpg
    glue-roller.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 66

KARYN BUSH

I use a heavy duty banner material and I don't tape or sew hems. granted these are for just temporary banners. If they want hems then I order them online cause I can't even touch the price cause I'm not buying a juki sewing machine just for banners..that way I don't have to do much...send the file...collect $...happy camper.

Letterbox Mike

How many banners to you finish out a week or month? Do the math to see how much money you're spending on banner tape, if you produce a lot of banners you might be surprised how much you're spending on tape.

You can get a good used industrial sewing machine for under $2000, so depending on how much you're spending on tape you might be able to justify buying a sewing machine and seeing a return on it in short order.

When we finally bit the bullet to buy a sewing machine a few years ago I added up how much we were spending on tape and it was staggering, between $500 and $750 a month. Picked up a $1500 machine and had it paid for in a couple months, it was a great investment.