• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question for 3M IJ35, IJ35C users

B Snyder

I just received my first roll of 3M's IJ35C-10. (54"x50yd) I know its not a premium product but I expected to open the box and see it bagged like any other print media I've ever bought. Is this how 3M packages this product?

acothran

I just opened a new roll (probably our 3rd) of IJ35C-10 and the roll was in a box and bagged just as my rolls of IJ180C. I specifically remember removing the clear bag before loading it on the printer. Our roll came from Grimco (Nashville) as part of the 3M year end blowout sale.

Allen

rfulford

It is boxed, end capped and taped. No bags on any rolls I have ever purchased. Its the same with IJ 40. I never considered it to be a big deal since I always advance past anything that has been taped or that I touch.

rfulford

I just opened a new roll (probably our 3rd) of IJ35C-10 and the roll was in a box and bagged just as my rolls of IJ180C. I specifically remember removing the clear bag before loading it on the printer. Our roll came from Grimco (Nashville) as part of the 3M year end blowout sale.

Allen

Weird. I purchase from Grimco (Orlando) as well and the IJ35C-20 was not bagged.

Malkin

Same here. Just bought my first roll (and maybe last) of IJ35-c from Grimco and it was not in a bag. No big deal on cheap stuff as long as the edges aren't chowdered.

I think I may go back to Oracal 3165ra. I like the thicker material and the texture is nice.

acothran

Okay, maybe I'm loosing my mind (more than I thought). Maybe it was just boxed and not bagged. I know that I've never had a problem with any mangled edges or handling marks.

Allen

B Snyder

Thanks for the replies. Like Malkin, I'm happy as long as the edges are in good shape. My concern was that I received a roll that was partially used and then returned to the supplier or worse, a roll that the supplier removed some material from.

grafixemporium

We switched to IJ35c from Oracal 3651 about 5 or 6 rolls ago... and for the life of me, I can't tell you if the rolls have bee bagged or not. I swear they were. I would have thought something was strange if they weren't. I'll have to pay closer attention the next time.

I definitely prefer the Oracal products... but nobody can get the price down quite as low as Grimco can on the IJ35 for a good intermediate air egress calandered vinyl. I don't love it, but it's good enough for the everyday little stuff.

cptcorn

adad
It is boxed, end capped and taped. No bags on any rolls I have ever purchased. Its the same with IJ 40. I never considered it to be a big deal since I always advance past anything that has been taped or that I touch.

Bagged or not, this is what we do... anything on the first circumference unrolled is junk to print on anyway... make sure it has a clean edge, that's it

ProWraps

we have been having lots of problems as of late with the way our 180c has been coming in. rough cut edges and some contamination. the last roll we printed yesterday has stuff under the material between the backer and a tear. its been frustrating to say the least. in the last month we have literally sent 4-5 rolls back to our supplier.

3 of the rolls had a peice of blue marking tape sticking out half way through the roll which usually denotes a splice. this should never happen with digital media.

typically the boxes used to come banded and taped, the rolls were bagged with plastic end caps, and had three strips of 3M marked mask on the roll (yeah i know, thats how attentive we have had to become).

now when the delivery truck arrives, we open EVERY box of media in front of the driver and refuse anything that looks suspect.

we have taken this up with the vendor and 3M. of which the vendor has been completely attentive, and our 3M rep has only told the vendor to take back suspect rolls but could not provide an explanation.