• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions about Painting a Wall Sign (First Attempt)

The Equipment Guy

I would have thought the perfect idea would have been routered wood letters instead>>>the design lends itself that way if you look. Maybe this thread will last until they need a replacement sign.

Craig

skyhigh

I would have thought the perfect idea would have been routered wood letters instead>>>the design lends itself that way if you look. Maybe this thread will last until they need a replacement sign.

Craig

Well EG, you are on the right track if you had said "Hand Carved". All you router guys are fake. A routered sign is a piss poor alternative to a hand carved sign. Routers are for fat lazy people with NO talent.

When you think about it, slapping PAINT on a piece of wood is a bigger joke, compared to a TRUE craftsman that can hand carve. Although the paint is better than vinyl, it still dosen't compare to a carved sign that will be there 20 years after the paint has faded away. Brush people (as talented as they are) should stick to painting pictures of grandma or a bowl of fruit.....something that will be displayed indoors.

I would love to stay and chat, but I have to grab a twinkie & head out to cut some stuff on my cnc.

GypsyGraphics

I would love to stay and chat, but I have to grab a twinkie & head out to cut some stuff on my cnc.
:ROFLMAO:

Just a comment on reviving old threads...
When the original OP doesn't come back to their own thread and let us know how things turned out.... it's easy to overlook the date and think additional input could still be helpful.

Doesn't it always mean someone searched a specific topic... and we like that right. Missing the date is just on oversight... cut the guy some slack. Your energy would be better spent letting OP's know they should wrap up their threads.

Edit: had to come back and add... i don't hand paint (not talented enough) but i still like reading about it. so i'm glad to see old threads that i might not otherwise have seen. ya just never know what might inspire you to try something new.

skyhigh

The cream filling is the best.......:rolleyes:

OK, I had ya worried there, didn't I? I use the cream filling to smear on the travel gears for lubrication. :ROFLMAO:
Not to say, the cream filling couldn't be used for other things.

Damn good thing there are 2 in a pack. :thumb:

iSign

for a guy who's avatar has his finger nearly uphisass...
please spare us the details regarding that 2 pack of lubricant :noway:

Freehandan

I must upload some of my HAND CARVED signs then!
As for a sum-up on the customer and there needs this thread is pertaining to....Just look at the chairs and everything else in the pic, including the words on thier sign! AWE!! They Want Paint! They Like artists and want to use an artist. The interior design part is the key. Coupled with a realty with personal service like that! A hand painted sign will do the same job as something else. You can also run a line of the text color around the borders of their windows while you are at it for some extra cash. You can also paint their address on the top of the door in the black the same day you do the box, and inline it with the text color the next day. ChaChing!
Then faux finish the bottom wall under the windows to look like old Chicago brick to wrap the whole image up! This will allow them to consider you when they need a faux finisher for the interior design part of their business. An insignia on that space left of the trellis would be cool too- In black,Gold and white highlights. Grey shadow for dimension!
Hey! Plane tickets are now 40$! Want me to come up there?!
:Big Laugh

And thanks for the few who are not shallow enough to see what the big issue really is here. I feel like a magnet in a zen garden that is actually a junkyard. The landscape is sweet but all the nails and screws are tearing the horizon line as they continually shank me breaking through.
I would like to know what the fate of the sign for this was , though.
I hope that they did not get too discouraged.

anotherdog

Hand Carved is for fat lazy people. STICKS is the way to go!

Nononon That too is for Fat lazy people...MUD! fingerpainting in mud!
A skilled profession that you can master before you can walk.