• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions I'm tired of hearing

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"Why did the monkey fall out of the tree???...cause he was dead!"
Mosh can you elaborate on this?
Even with us being on a tropical island, we don't get a lot of monkey status questions here in the sign shop.

wayne k
guam usa

Farmboy

My favorites...
How much is a sign / banner / shirt / decal / letters for my truck.
Are my (above items) done? These are the first words out of their mouth on the phone.
Do you make (above items)? Our shop is wall to wall shirts, signs and banners.
Did you make these? Referring to our samples on the walls.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I am tired of the following:

(on the phone) "here is my information, can you cut that and I will pick it up in a little while" (asking you that after you already told them you can't quote specifics over the phone and you don't blind cut or cut without person or deposit in shop)

(after designing out their stuff ...) "great, can you 'print' that and I'll pick it up later" followed by "why do I need to pay a deposit ... I'm your best customer!" (first time i've ever laid eyes on them.)

"do you have a burnt orange?" (no ... here are my color books, what is the burnt orange you are looking for, maybe i can order it for you) "hmm, could be any one of these 7." (.... yeaaahhh ...)

"man, you guys have gone up in pricing haven't you?" (yes, materials and overhead cost more ... and the shop is starting to pull a profit for the first time in a decade ... so the $30-45 per foot per color is a drastic increase <sarcasm inserted liberally> but you get what you pay for.) "... I can get this from <a former employee who stole from the shop> up the street for <the cost I get materials for ... from the same supplier they use> ... can you go any lower?"