• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quick question please regarding Premium Vinyl that doesn't stick straight away.

simpson246

Hi all,

I recently purchased from American (I'm situated in the U.K) the set of 3 Justin Pate - learn to wrap CD's.

I've currently watched the first which I think is great and very helpful although I have a quick question.

On the video's, they use a vinyl which they state is 'premium vinyl' and whats different towards the vinyl I currently use is that it doesn't stick right away.

I believe this would be brilliant for bumpers etc so I'm wondering which brands and makes should I be looking for to get this premium vinyl that doesnt stick until squeegeed,

I would guess 3M and Avery will be recommended but any particular ones that would fit my requirements?

Many thanks,

wildside

anything with air-egress (comply)

3m, avery, oracal, ritrama, arlon, etc, seems like there is a line of it by every brand, personal experience will let you decide which one you like to use based on multiple factors, personally i think avery is the easiest to install, but only use 3m when wrapping

ironchef

Oracal 3751ra is nice. I tried a sample today. Call oracal and request a sample roll kit. They're big in the uk. So is hexis. No 3m!!!

simpson246

I would guess your wrong. Those two would be the last ones recommended. What are you using now? I've got Oracal in my printer as I type this.

wow okay haha, I don't currently use any as of yet as just looking to go into wrapping although would like a bit of a play with the vinyl before I go on a wrapping course.

It's not vinyl for printing I'm after, just plain colours with the pressure sensitive vinyl.

I have purchased some wrap vinyl which I was going to try although this isn't pressure sensitive and sticks right away which is obviously harder to apply.

Here is a link for it:

http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/vehiclewrappingvws1.asp

Gloss KPMF Wrap with Airelease

The KPMF vehicle wrapping films with Airelease are a specially developed 100 micron hybrid film with the air release adhesive that makes application easier by allowing any air trapped during application to escape down the micro channels in the adhesive structure.

So I'm thinking about just getting some vinyl of a known brand with pressure sensitive adhesive.

thanks,

johnnysigns

The Avery 1005 & 1360 combo and the Supreme wrapping cast materials are quite nice. I'd use the 1005/1360 any day over 3M 180cV3/8519. Aside from 3M/Original Wraps drama, I haven't been happy w/ the latest batches of 180cV3 and the 1080c. The adhesive seems more aggressive and the air egress doesn't work as well as it used to.

Just my 0.02c

simpson246

hi all, thanks for the input.

I've just heard back from Spandex and received a quote of £550 + VAT so roughly £660 for a 25m Roll.

I think that price is pretty steep.. even though it does have a 12 year life which isn't really needed.

I'm wondering what other brands out there fit my requirements? It would need the airealease technology and I would like it to have the pressure sensitive adhesive - I don't think 12 year life is needed either, many 5-7 years or so.

Any recommendations please?

(United Kingdom Supplier needed)

Many thanks,

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Not the 3751ra.. Try all 3 outside in 100 temp and you'll like Oracal the best.. Try them all indoors where it's cool and it still out performs.

LOL That's possible...but I won't be installing any wrap outside in those temps. Might as well be painting the vehicle graphics on at that point.
straight lines turn to wavy ones without masking tape and I hate using masking tape on wraps. I will consider it though...if they've changed the adhesive formula from 2 years ago.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
And have fun removing any Oracal wraps in the future. Block out a day and a half for anything done with 3551.