Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Quickbooks Premier 2020, Price?

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by 2B, May 4, 2020.

1. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    Has anyone seen a special or sale price for the desktop version of Quickbooks Premier 2020?

COVID-19 has really jacked up the sales and coupons normally seen this time of year for QB

Thank you

Tags:
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    No, intuit is not a generous company.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Generous Company would that be in a George Carlin show or an Oxy Moron ? Or just a business plan for a failed company.

4. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Best thing that I would suggest is to actually contact them.

When Adobe first announced their discount during this time it was for Students/Teachers(well educational facilities that used it) only. I think they have since amended that.

Just me speculating though, I haven't used QB in a very, very long time.

5. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    We recently switched to Zoho Books. We've been quite happy with it. Online payments with various merchants (we use Authorize.net) and client portals built in.

6. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette Member

Dec 5, 2018
    MN
    Often times the best deal for QB is at the bulk stores (sams club, Costco) and the savings will usually be a little more than the cost of membership and there is usually a few options including payroll package. Our cpa shared this little nugget with us a few versions ago.

7. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    A little side note. I just called them and was able to lower my processing rate from their published rate online. It was a small discount but worth the 10 minute call.

8. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    Keep in mind that each individual user will require a seperate license. That information is buried in the website. If you look closely, you will see a little "9" subscript next to the "multiple users" line. It would be easy to assume that the desktop premiere version comes with 5 user licenses right out of the box!

"9. Each unique user requires a license. Each license sold separately. All copies of QuickBooks must be the same version-year."

9. mameighan

mameighan Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Moberly
    I still use quickbooks but I really need to change. A few years ago they dropped me from their merchant processing because "I sold weapons". I run a martial arts supply company as well as a print business. I sell martial arts staffs, training swords, foam nunchaku and the likes.

There was no talking to them. I am still pissed about it. It was after a mass shooting and I think they over reacted. If I didn't have it all tied up in quickbooks I would have found an alternative especially as it is now $700 a year or around that and I have to use a different card processor.

10. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    I mentioned it before, but we were also ready to ditch QB. QBO was a glitchy mess. Not to mention the merchant services which is overpriced, an no option to use your own. So we tested a handful and landed on Zoho Books. It has 10x the functionality of QBO and even more features than the desktop software. It comes with like 20 users for around the same price as QBO base setup. Zoho also allows a variety of merchant services for online payment. It has a customer facing portal. It has actual estimate approvals. It supports SMS notifications. It has better looking invoices. You can use your own EMAIL addresses unlike QBO. Even the accounting functions seem to work better. You can discount by line item. Tax reports are nicer. I personally feel like chart of accounts is easier. I could keep going.

I've only got one complaint; and it's that you can't rearrange the side panel so that customers or invoices is first instead of inventory. I would be nice if it had a POS tool but I think that's in the works. It can also integrate into all the other Zoho tools like Projects for job tracking and such.

Life has been much easier since we ditched QB.

11. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
  12. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    decalmandecalman

If you have a better / lower-priced source, by all means, share where.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  13. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    He thumbs down everything, and a bunch of my posts too

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. karst41

karst41 New Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Typically these upgrades and price discounts show up Oct - Dec. Two years ago the MAC version upgrade
    required a more recent OS, and my iMac would not upgrade due to age. $980 for a new iMac and $300 for new version of QB's,, I said No Way and then this voice shouted in my head,,, Are you F n kidding me. This is how you get your money. Man I burned rubber getting to micro center and soon as I got back I set up the computer and then bought the latest version. Set up your Credit Cards with Intuit,, That alone will pay for the software many times over. Cheers

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. decalman

decalman Active Member

Sep 2, 2012
    phoenix
    After second thought I take the down vote back, except 1.

:eek:.

Last edited: May 24, 2020 at 2:33 PM
  16. decalman

decalman Active Member

Sep 2, 2012
    phoenix
    You thumbed me down.
    How do you like It?

Caught ya.

17. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    For our office, we just upgraded on Friday, to 2020 premier plus pro with payroll and all the other goodies........ $158.90 w/tax. Good for another 3 years. In the shop, I'm still on 2011 premier and it works great, except I hafta create a PDF in a different manner, but that's due to windows 10 issues.

18. netsol

netsol Member

Apr 26, 2016
    spotswood, nj

"not a generous company"?
    tex

before , intuit should have been wearing a mask when dealing with us

19. netsol

netsol Member

Apr 26, 2016
    spotswood, nj
    kcollins,

the seperate license is for concurrency, everone doesn't need to be logged in, ALL THE TIME

NOT A LICENSE VIOLATION IF I HAVE TO LOG OUT, BEFORE YOU LOG IN

very few people work all day in quickbooks, except accountants

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Maybe not but if you let anyone in your quickbooks they need their own login for your own security. Thats the only way to know and prove who does what plus you should be setting up permissions depending on who is allowed to do what. Embezzlement is a very common problem.