• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Race Car number font help!

raw191

Can anybody tell me what font this is? I'm having trouble matching the "1". Thanks.

Ross

Attachments

• P4250155.jpg
    P4250155.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 176

OldPaint

now thats a real tuffy to copy))))))).
draw a regtangle, with node tool add 3 pointed serifs.....so hard to make....

raw191

I'm going to ban "old paint" from replying to my posts. Some of us are new here and trying to learn. If you don't have anything good to say, shut up.

raw191

Wishful thinking. I sick of the "know-it-alls" on here coming down on me because I'm learning this on my own. I'm the only guy in town doing this. Grow up and remember how you started learning this stuff.

Ken

I have a font called Babylon5 that is very close to that.
Some node editing would be required.
I got it from one of those free font sites. Don't remember which one.
OP's advice was really not that far off. Do you know the ins and outs of node editing using Corel or Illustrator?
Ken

Si Allen

Raw...
Instead of saying you didn't know how to do what Old Paint suggested, you blasted him. He being one of the more experience people here, he would have explained it to you. With your attitude, I fear you will not be getting much help!

Kiddies....let me explain something to you!

None of us who give you advice, based on our experience, get paid a damn thing for it! It is given freely! But.... if you have an attitude...help will quickly stop!

Pro Image

Wishful thinking. I sick of the "know-it-alls" on here coming down on me because I'm learning this on my own. I'm the only guy in town doing this. Grow up and remember how you started learning this stuff.

Just click on his name in his post and click add to Ignore list............

I wouldn't do if I was you.........the old Fart knows a lot about this stuff........................

raw191

I think there are ways and there are ways. I didn't appreciate what he said or how he said it. What good is knowing stuff if you put down those of us that don't know as much? I didn't blast him, I just simple said that if he didn't have anything uplifting or encouraging to say, he should keep it to himself. I don't treat newbies on here like scum because they don't know obvious things that I've learned over time. Some of us don't know how to manipulate fonts. It's obvious to some, but based on my question, if I'd known how to do that, I wouldn't have posted here. I appreciated what he said, I can't stand the attitude that it was posted with. Make sense?

SignosaurusRex

Well Raw, I apologize for assuming that you knew how to edit nodes. Don't get so upset and assume someone is talking down to you. That attitude copping will get one nowhere. Now, I'll try this from another angle......Seeing as how you are limited with your options, you may want to start from scratch ( post #2 ) and just use a similar font or draw it out on vinyl to match the existing # and hand cut it. Is that better?

Pro Image

If you look at the font close it looks like it was a custom font to begin with...........As the other have stated get a font that is close and node edit it, or if you don't feel that you have the time or ability then let the Vector Doc. Eric do it for you......I will only cost a couple of buck and you have the # ready to go...............

raw191

That's helpful. Maybe I just read to much into it. Been a long day. He and I just don't seem to see eye to eye on things. I've had other posts in the past where certain people have been less than helpful. I use this posting board as a last resort. I'd much rather figure it out on my own and learn. Because of that, I'm usually quite frustrated when I post here. Sorry to all.

SignosaurusRex

Congratulations "Raw", If you look for the silver lining in this cloud (or thread) you will find (2) new tools to add to your tool belt. Imagine that, all is not lost!:thumb:
~"S'REX"

jdb

somebody did a quicky by hand it appears. Is it hand painted or vinyl? It appears your going vinyl. Take a picture with your digital camera, download it,
and digitize over the image, then measure the actual and resize and cut.