Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Car number font help!

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by raw191, Apr 28, 2007.

1. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Can anybody tell me what font this is? I'm having trouble matching the "1". Thanks.

Ross

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Better off starting fresh.

3. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Why?

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

now thats a real tuffy to copy))))))).
    draw a regtangle, with node tool add 3 pointed serifs.....so hard to make....

5. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Sorry Ross, I meant to start with a close font, maybe Eurostyle Bold then node edit the characters.

6. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    I'm going to ban "old paint" from replying to my posts. Some of us are new here and trying to learn. If you don't have anything good to say, shut up.

7. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    I don't believe that....

you have the Administrative powers to do that.

8. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Wishful thinking. I sick of the "know-it-alls" on here coming down on me because I'm learning this on my own. I'm the only guy in town doing this. Grow up and remember how you started learning this stuff.

9. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    I have a font called Babylon5 that is very close to that.
    Some node editing would be required.
    I got it from one of those free font sites. Don't remember which one.
    OP's advice was really not that far off. Do you know the ins and outs of node editing using Corel or Illustrator?
    Ken

10. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    No I don't I wish I did. I have illustrator, and am trying to figure it out.

11. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Raw...
    Instead of saying you didn't know how to do what Old Paint suggested, you blasted him. He being one of the more experience people here, he would have explained it to you. With your attitude, I fear you will not be getting much help!

Kiddies....let me explain something to you!

None of us who give you advice, based on our experience, get paid a damn thing for it! It is given freely! But.... if you have an attitude...help will quickly stop!

12. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Just click on his name in his post and click add to Ignore list............

I wouldn't do if I was you.........the old **** knows a lot about this stuff........................

13. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    I think there are ways and there are ways. I didn't appreciate what he said or how he said it. What good is knowing stuff if you put down those of us that don't know as much? I didn't blast him, I just simple said that if he didn't have anything uplifting or encouraging to say, he should keep it to himself. I don't treat newbies on here like scum because they don't know obvious things that I've learned over time. Some of us don't know how to manipulate fonts. It's obvious to some, but based on my question, if I'd known how to do that, I wouldn't have posted here. I appreciated what he said, I can't stand the attitude that it was posted with. Make sense?

14. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Well Raw, I apologize for assuming that you knew how to edit nodes. Don't get so upset and assume someone is talking down to you. That attitude copping will get one nowhere. Now, I'll try this from another angle......Seeing as how you are limited with your options, you may want to start from scratch ( post #2 ) and just use a similar font or draw it out on vinyl to match the existing # and hand cut it. Is that better?

15. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    If you look at the font close it looks like it was a custom font to begin with...........As the other have stated get a font that is close and node edit it, or if you don't feel that you have the time or ability then let the Vector Doc. Eric do it for you......I will only cost a couple of buck and you have the # ready to go...............

16. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    That's helpful. Maybe I just read to much into it. Been a long day. He and I just don't seem to see eye to eye on things. I've had other posts in the past where certain people have been less than helpful. I use this posting board as a last resort. I'd much rather figure it out on my own and learn. Because of that, I'm usually quite frustrated when I post here. Sorry to all.

17. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Yeah. Eric's a cool dude. He's helped me out a bunch. I'd just like to know how to do it.

18. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Congratulations "Raw", If you look for the silver lining in this cloud (or thread) you will find (2) new tools to add to your tool belt. Imagine that, all is not lost!:thumb:
    ~"S'REX"

19. jdb

jdb Active Member

Apr 26, 2007
    somebody did a quicky by hand it appears. Is it hand painted or vinyl? It appears your going vinyl. Take a picture with your digital camera, download it,
    and digitize over the image, then measure the actual and resize and cut.

20. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    That's a good idea. It's vinyl and I'm just making a duplicate set.