• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Radocy Cranes

jhd

Has anyone ever used one of these trailer mounted radocy cranes for smaller scale install projects?

Attachments

• mighty_lg.jpg
    mighty_lg.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 865

jhd

I have a bucket truck, but thought this would be a nice combo for smaller scale back-lit signs and setting larger sign comp systems - that have long posts.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Is it supposed to be trailer-mounted? All I can picture is someone that had a trailer sitting at one end of their parking lot and a crane on a broken down truck at the other end of the parking lot and them looking back and forth between the two thinking "hmmmmmmm.....".

I dunno...I don't like it.

jhd

lol, I thought the same, but it is actually built by radocy. I had never seen one or anything like this before. Just made me curious.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
The crane is built by Radocy. That setup is made by someone associated with this bunch I believe. Pretty positive that's home made.

jhd

Radocy produces this set-up, seems like it would be nice to set smaller jobs that are just a little to much for one man and don't call for a crew of sub-contractors.

Pat Whatley

Reversed image of Death Trap = anti-death trap.
It's capable of bringing back the dead.
Placed in irresponsible hands it could start the zombie apocalypse.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Do some research and they do make that look here they call it mighty lift.

I did research it - that's how I found both photos. But just because it's on their website mounted on that trailer doesn't mean Radocy physically mounted it on the trailer. The shop it's sitting in front of looks pretty ragged. Maybe that's Radocy's shop...but I doubt it. It could very well be a customer-submitted photo.

Regardless of who makes/made it - I wouldn't use it. It looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Mainframe

What does it cost and how much does it weigh and how many pounds is it rated to lift?
Also, is there a basket to put on it?
How far will it extend?

Craig Sjoquist

That looks great for picking up whatever & holding... Then on something else doing the rest of the job.

Also with the welder & all the room on both sides, hauling everything else to the job.

That looks like a great small job extra hand indeed. comparatively speaking.

FS-Keith

for small cabinets and jobs up to 750lbs I think that would be great. the only thing I would do would be remake the outriggers a lot beefier and put trailer crank jacks on them to get the weight off the tires better. If anyone has doubts about these. Rocco from wehangsigns.com up in canaduh has used a skyhook mounted on a trailer for years and been very sucessfull. He is also selling it right now so if you are looking at a trailer mounted crane his is all set up correctly and ready to work tomorrow. Give him and call or email about it.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I called Radocy and they do indeed mount these to the trailers themselves. I'm still not in love with the setup, but I suppose it must serve the purpose.