• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rally Stripes

mudmedia

I have to do some rally stripes on a camaro...What do you the most durable material be to use? I was thinking Oracal 951, Oracal 970RA or 3m 1080 but are those recommended when doing car striping?

jbogart

How wide will the stripes be? If it's thin striping, I'd recommend getting some striping tape, otherwise we've been using the 3M 1080 for all our outdoor graphics and love it for vehicle work.

mnapuran

We used 970RA matte black on the last one we did....

Attachments

• camaro.jpg
    camaro.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 130

mnapuran

Did you plotter cut those stripes? Im having to go all the way bumper to bumper so I am going to be making templates with transfer tape then drawing them in flexi

That's basically what we did... ended up making templates in Flexi, then cutting the final pieces (did trunk lid and custom rear spoiler too)

Mosh

PITA, send them to get painted. Unless they are a HEAD, only paint will be good enough.

mnapuran

Yup... 970RA works well, use it quite a bit.

If you notice in my pic above, we also did the light shelf in matte black. No template for that, just used WrapCut tape to mask where I wanted the line and wrapped it.

Here's a shot of the back, which I also templated and cut with the cutter.

Attachments

• camaro2.jpg
    camaro2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 136

Mosh

Well on my '11
i had it painted and 4 layers of clear afterso you can't fe

el the stripe. i guess it is all in what you want.

mudmedia

nice job...I just priced out what my options are between avery, 3m, and 970ra I think thats what I will go with...3m is like double the price and for stripes I am not sure if there is a reason for using it...

Mosh I tried to get em to painted..Told em It would take me a while to just make templates to get it to fit right and not look like a noddle going across the car...I recommended paint but they already told the paint guy no because he wanted 800 bucks to paint it...I told em he aint getting stripes for cheaper then that ha

HulkSmash

97RA is good stuff. but if you're not an experienced wrapped and you have to reposition alot the adhesive does come away from the vinyl with oracal...

watchdaride

Yup... 970RA works well, use it quite a bit.

If you notice in my pic above, we also did the light shelf in matte black. No template for that, just used WrapCut tape to mask where I wanted the line and wrapped it.

Here's a shot of the back, which I also templated and cut with the cutter.

Ihave a window tint shop and people always ask for racing stripes but too time consuming using 751 vinyl cutting ,premasking, putting on wet . I hear alot about this cutting tape and using airrelease vinyl like 970ra . Is the finish product using the tape good enough to satisfy picky customers . I am gettting some next week and doing a test next week . should work perfect on the curvy bumpers where its had to get an even looking width with all the curves etc.

signmeup

800 bucks!? You're gonna lose your shirt on this one. That's gonna take waaay longer than you think. Do a site search for stripes...

TopFliteGraphics

800 bucks!? You're gonna lose your shirt on this one. That's gonna take waaay longer than you think. Do a site search for stripes...
Really?!?! I install Rallye Stripes on Camaro's quite a bit. Never had it take more than 3 hours and that was because the customer was sitting there watching me and I did not want to make it look too easy. I wish i could get $800 for them!

Attachments

• 2012-08-30 12.57.11.jpg
    2012-08-30 12.57.11.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 105
  • modified camaro rallye stripes pic 2.jpg
    modified camaro rallye stripes pic 2.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 2011-05-21 13.39.17.jpg
    2011-05-21 13.39.17.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 2012-03-31 09.11.13.jpg
    2012-03-31 09.11.13.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 141

signmeup

Really?!?! I install Rallye Stripes on Camaro's quite a bit. Never had it take more than 3 hours and that was because the customer was sitting there watching me and I did not want to make it look too easy. I wish i could get $800 for them!
I misunderstood. I thought the OP was putting 20" rally stripes on a real Camaro. You haven't posted a picture of a rally stripe or a Camaro. If you can do 20" rally stripes in 3 hours you're a better man than me. :thumb: