Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram issue??????

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Flame, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Also....

Spybot and CCleaner.

and for good measure hit the "let's dance" button on

www.securitytango.com

2. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Shovelhead,

The Tango mentioned in that site is sad but sooo true. It sucks that you have to go through so many crazy steps just to keep your pc up and running.

3. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Limewire did you in, I can almost guarantee it.

Google "hijack this", and you'll find a great forum dedicated to helping people clean spyware and malicious software off peoples computers.

4. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    I havent reformated any of my PC's ever. They all run like new. I have a dell laptop with win98 se installed and it has never had a reformat. reformat is not always the answer. There are a few other thihngs you can do without such a drastic cleaning.

As for adware. You should always use two different adware cleaners. Spy bot and adaware are a good combo. Why? because most adware cleaners do not clean every thing themselves. One will always leave something behind and another will cover that.

5. mladams7259

Sep 7, 2006
    Formatting isnt neccesary but its takes less time for me to reformat versus trying to clean all of the crap off of it. Im not the only one using the computers. The wife and kids play on them also, so they mysteriously slow over time. Dont get me wrong, MY pc, the one I design on, isnt hooked up to the internet so it runs like the day I got it.

6. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Aha! the old "dad cleanes the computer " trick.. I luV it.

7. mladams7259

Sep 7, 2006
    Techy,
    I must say, I dont really think its a trick.. I wish it was :)