• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Random Material Feed Problem with Mutoh Jr

Rat_Fink

Mutoh Falcoln Jr & Flexi Pro 7.6 SP2.

Hello..
I have been having a minor problem with my Mutoh Printer.

Every once in a while - I go to print a job & the material feeds for a couple of print lines & then it stops feeding. The print head then just keeps printing over the same spot as the material stops advancing.

I cancel the job & get everything started again & it runs fine for a couple days - then it happens again.

It has happened 3 times in the past couple of months.

This only seems to happen once in awhile when sending files from Flexi - It has never happened when printing a nozzle check or advancing the vinyl manually using the printer's buttons.

Anyone have this problem & know what I should check and/or replace?

Thanks!
Mike

signage

Does it sound like it is even trying to advance the material? What happens if you pause it and try to do a manual advance?

Rat_Fink

Update - It just hapened again & after looking a bit closer - I realized that the machine is trying to advance the vinyl (the roller is moving) but the vinyl is slipping - causing it to stay in place.

Should I replace the grit roller? Is this common?

Thanks again.
Mike

Techman

The feed rollers are to tight or if they are automatic feeding they are not operating correctly.