• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Random white spots on red.

Pitzu

Random small white dots can result from dust particles on media.
But this happening only on reds...tough one.
If your print has mostly reds, the probability is higher to encounter dust particles on reds.
The color profile probably lays down too much ink on reds...combined with dust particles...the more ink ...the more pronounced the effect will be.
Could be an ink contamination...
Just throwing ideas...

Last edited:

IsItFasst

UPDATE: Seems like it must be media contamination. While I have had problems on other media on occasion, my go to is Orajet 3164. So I see it a lot more on that than any other. Well last month I accidentally got 3164RA and don't recall having any issues with it. This week just got a new roll of 3164 (non-RA) and I am right back to where I was. Trying to print a small decal that has "flexi red" in it and took 6 prints to get 1 I like. Maybe it's just a coincidence but when you go through 50 yards of another roll without issue and start having problems with the new roll right away...

IsItFasst

3 years later still running into the problem. Trying to print a 24"x6" solid red stripe and I am on about print 15 now because everyone I print has a random spot (or 10) on it. Needless to say all my profit has gone out the window today. Orajet 3551RA screwing me over this time.