• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rapid Remover/Cut-Thru/Goo Gone supplier... by the DRUM!

wes70

GooGone sucks! I've used Rapid remover for 14 years and it works great! I've heard that 3m adhesive remover works very well too.

i have been involved in the development of multiple industry chemical products and have worked with a ton of chemists through that process. i sent you a pm with a company that i am certain can help you.

i have participated in the testing of products that are SO much stronger than anything on the market for removing graphics and the adhesive. so there are stronger alternatives the problem becomes liability when a company wants to distribute a product like that versus for their own in shop use. you have to be prepared for the people that do not follow instructions, that leave a product on much longer than the recommended, etc. the liability just outweighs the reward..but if you are developing a product for your own in house use there are some great options for removing graphics and adhesives.

njsigns

That "CrystalTek™ - Adhesive Off" - is the BOMB! I love it! I ordered a gallon of Rapid Remover and got this stuff shipped to me instead, lets just say I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked, especially on reflective. I don't think you can go wrong with that stuff!

Just my .02...

Gene

Techman

We have removed a lot of vinyl here.
There are at least 5 different goo removers on the shelf.
I let the user decide what works best for them.
I am always purchasing Rapid Remover.

Most of the others are still on the shelf partially used.
That in itself convinces me there is some meaning that Rapid Remover is just about the best.

Ponto

close, removing roughly 3dozen 53'-trailers worth of reflective graphics!
gonna be a busy summer!

I recall doing a 16" Cube Van in the past and I really, really hated those two days........don't envy you or your helpers one bit!!!!! We had the Vinyl blasted off with high pressure water but manually removed the adhesive residue.....Try to work a deal directly with the Rapid Remover manufacture...this seems like a high profile project and they would likely enjoy the exposure.............just a thought and good luck!

JP

Typestries

It might be easier to buy them new trailers...............

All kidding aside, we have a product here in a 5 gallon container. It works when Rapid does not. Ecolab 30003425 label adhesive remover. Got if from a car wash fried with an ecolab account.

ProWraps

dont even bother with the wheel. it will take you a month to do each trailer, and you will burn though 100 of them at $23/each.

ur gonna have to go at it the old fashioned way. heat it, pull off the vinyl portion, and chemical soften the adhesive then blast it with a pressure washer.

just did 13 of them ourselves. there is no other way to do it.

3M citrus i find to be THE BEST. but as usual for all 3M overpriced sh*t, it costs THE MOST. ugh.

It might be easier to buy them new trailers...............

there is a lot of truth to this statement. many large companys wrap their trailers with no intention of EVER having the wrap removed. by that point, its more cost effective to take them off the road as they are off the books, and it costs more to keep them road worthy than they are worth.

typically you see them offed on craigslist for around under $2k as storage containers, or whatnot.

MikePro

ur gonna have to go at it the old fashioned way. heat it, pull off the vinyl portion, and chemical soften the adhesive then blast it with a pressure washer.
aye, been doing it this way for 10yrs and i've gotten quite good at it. reflective delaminates from its adhesive pretty easily with heat / good method and then dealing with scraping goobers of adhesive off the panel is a breeze! (hopefully a hot pressure washer will do the trick for quicker turnover)
most likely will be talking to my local chemical guy (2 blocks away) to see what he's got for me. wouldn't need a drum if I've got the ability to pickup more gallons from him as I go.

Salmoneye

Pick the one that you like, grab an msds sheet on it and you might just get enough info to make a giant batch of your own.

wes70

Sometimes if you are really, really, lucky you can use wide masking tape and apply it to the "left over" adhesive, then remove tape and hopefully the adhesive comes off with the tape. Sometimes (rare) it works, but that would take a sh*t load of masking tape.

MikePro

i like that trick for the little flecks i missed while scrubbing, or on the rare occasions the adhesive lifts off with the letter but leaves just a little bit behind. The adhesive on the peeled letter does this quite well too!

No way i'm dabbing a semi-truck for hours tho'. lol

p.s. pardon my profanity in an earlier post. guess I'm just feeling froggy today :)