• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rapid Tac on acrylic?

skyhigh

are you sure the experience you had last week wasn't on polycarbonate?

ps. I've used action tac on acrylic without a problem. On large reverse weeded panels, I've also applied wet. For lexan, typically I'll wash down with ivory liquid soapy water, then rinse. I don't use alcohol on either. (but I do know it will craze lexan)

skyhigh

like jhill said!!!! If you have any doubts, go with ivory liquid (my choice over baby shampoo) and water.

Why even consider anything with alcohol?????

edit: I just read your last thread. I see where some have soaked the protective paper (it was old) in alcohol, where you just wiped it down. It dosen't seem like your getting consistent answers.......so again, don't take any chances. Wash it down with a few drops of soap and water (and if you want to apply wet) for this project, and don't worry about it.

I know you have a bunch of this sign material from the last job....... so do your own test with the rapid tac for future reference.

J Hill Designs

yup I'm still thinking that, in the other thread, the acrylic was over stressed...

and plakolite does indeed seem to be acrylic

skyhigh

yup I'm still thinking that, in the other thread, the acrylic was over stressed...

and plakolite does indeed seem to be acrylic

:goodpost:

This is crazing like you would get from alcohol. The picture you posted, looked more like someone hit it with something.

Attachments

• crazing-example1.jpg
    crazing-example1.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 164

g&eprinting

Does that crazing glow when edge lit?
Seems like a cool effect added with some sandblasting if the integrity of the panel isn't compromised.......

And just use some dish soap and water. Why chance it again....

Techman

I have used Rapid TAc on every thing for years. Never ever had a problem with it cracking anything. Including Lexan and Plexiglass products.

Raw alcohol or any other solvent will craze some products especially on saw edges where the cut is rough or flame polished. But that is at high concentrations.

Have no fear. Rapid TAc which is mostly water, a few drops of a surfactant, and a small amount of alcohol will not harm your plastic products.