Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rare problem with combining

Discussion in 'Corel' started by SouthPaw, Jan 25, 2005.

1. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Well, I had no duplicate or open paths (but it would cause problems if I had them, for sure), but Jimdes solution works very easily (fools Corel into doing what it should have done in the first place, apparently).

Corel emailed me to say they couldn't duplicate my problem, and then explained how the shaping tools work, in case that would help. In all fairness, they don't know me or my level of familiarity with CorelDraw...and I do indeed use the shaping tools to fix this problem, but I shouldn't have to...no biggie, tho...only takes moments to do.

Thanx Jimdes.

2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    in case this helps anyone... when this happens in Illustrator after choosing "make compound path" from the object menu, I will use the "pathfinder" tool called "exclude" & this almost always solves it.