• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rastek h700 vs Legend72

msp171

Looking to get either rastex h700 or the legend 72 flatbed Would like any comments or suggestions about either machine.

SignManiac

Unless they have made serious improvements to those machines, They are essentially the same machine but with different badges on them. I'd stay away from it or any of the other "hybrids" which use pinch rollers and grit wheels to move the media.

I've tried two hybrids in the past three years and nothing but nightmares. If you do diligent research, you will find plenty of unhappy users. DO NOT BELIEVE a salesperson.

Find existing end users working in a production environment.

M@CK

Im also interested about the rastek H700, H650 and legend 72 Hybrid printers.
I think the H650 uses a vacuum belt.
My print volume is not so high for the moment but very much split between rigid and flexible. Any recommendation is welcome.

Signs Express

Does anyone know what an Rastek H650 runs. EFI doesn't have any price information on their website. They just say its "affordable".

M@CK

Signs Express I just spoke with a REP. and he only stated it was under a 100k and that the white option was a 5k. Ill be getting more detail by next weak ill let you know.

P.S. Im in Canada not US

petepaz

we have been getting samples and looking at the rastek H700
and we where told between $85,000 and $90,000
also i believe that does have a vacuum belt
is it the greatest.....no but i think it is pretty good for that price
it also has the white ink option
not sure it is in the bugdet yet

BANNERS2GO

We purchased our first flatbed printer about 3 months ago. We decided to go with the Rastek H700 with the white ink option. We do use the white ink almost everyday. Definitely reccommend it if you want to print on tiles or clear substrates. So far it has been down 2 times. The first time was 2 weeks after we got it. It was dripping ink all night long so we lost about $1750 in ink. They sent 3 different people out to fix it. (EFI SENT 1 PERSON WHO STAYED FOR 3 DAYS AND GRIMCO SENT 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO STAYED FOR 1 DAY EACH) The last guy got it fixed. So it was down for about a week which is no fun when you have a lot of jobs to do. It is down again right now since yesterday. EFI is suppose to be overnighting me a new print head control board that will hopefully fix the problem. I'll keep you updated. Other than that it prints very nice on almost everything. If someone decides to purchase one we reccommend getting the static ionizing bars that efi sells as an add on. They install them on each side of the uv lamps on the outside of the print carraige. We had a lot of wasted pvc and acrylic because of "fogging" and "streaking". It prints awesome on these materials now.

msp171

Pricing on H700 and H650

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted. H700 $93,000 no white included 2 sets of inks , installation , 2 rolls media(vinyl) training 2 days. H650 was $66,000 all the same but one set of inks. White option on each was $5,000.

Dani Plotter

H700
Hybrid
use a vacum belt
use the Toshiba CA4 grayscale print head (6-90 pcl), 2 for colour

H650
Hybrid
use a vacum belt

T660
is pure flatbed
gray scale print heads (6-42 pcl), probably Spectra MEMs

Legend 72
Hybrid
use pich rollers
use the Spectra Galaxy 256 print head (this is not a gray scale print head)

So you are talking about very different machines. If you prefer Máximum quality I recommend you the h700 but if you prefer velocity with a no bad quality choose the Legend72.
The vacum belt has advantages front the pinch rollers using rigid medias.
It depends on type of job you do.

econolinesigns

For the same pricerange, you might want to consider the Solara Ion X. We have had one since September and it is a great printer. Also, it is a true flatbed, not a hybrid or a pull-through design.

eureman

I have owned the H700UV for 1 year and 5 months. Stay away from it. I now represent a small group of users that have had multiple problems. I believe it will be easier suing them that it will be for them to solve all of the problems. In relation to the inks draining out, they have a vacuum problem. When the machine is off it will not maintain the vacuum needed to keep the inks in the lines. I've purchased 60 plus bottles of ink and the waste equates to 36 bottles of ink. They came up with a solution, put a 24V power supply to the pump so that the pump runs even when the machine is off. The problem is that the pump is only good for about 5000 hrs. When they installed the new "24V solution" the pump died in less than three weeks. I'm down now for the ??????? time and cannot get their service dept. to return my calls.

bigtee

Rastek H700

Looking to get either rastex h700 or the legend 72 flatbed Would like any comments or suggestions about either machine.

The H700 is an entirely redesigned printer. It uses Toshiba Tec heads rather than older Spectra heads and is a vacuum belt system rather than pinch roller.
The legend is the predecessor to the H700 and it was not a very good system.
I highly recommend the H700.

REDMAN

True flatbed printer is the way to go, even if it may be more expensive it will pay for itself in the long run. OCE, FUJI, CET

Samy98

Hello,
Do you need a flatbed printer to print a traffic sign if so do you need a cutter as well

Samy

kkamauu

Im talking to a dealer about getting the H700. From what i hear, the issues before have been resolved in the new H700's. Has anyone bought a H700 recently?