• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reach out an touch......

iSign

Boy I guess I asked the wrong question....

...I will NOT be asking questions here no more..

I think they should change this sites name to signs pro instead of 101. Due to 101 is a beginners class.

"...I will NOT be asking questions here no more.."

Is that a promise?

lol isign I was thinking the same thing...i'm holding him to it.

after reading goofballs replies in the "other" post I had so much I wanted to say but didnt have the energy...nor is it worth the effort..i'm just glad this clown isnt in my area as i sure wouldn't want to pick up the pieces after the mess this guy creates.

imaSIGNr

Just curious steriltech...but would you happen to be in the process of immigrating from another country? Not trying to be sarcastic, but it might explain the poor grammar. Then we would all understand I think....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay… now I get it with all of these ‘Un-English’ speaking [writing] posts. It’s not only that they can’t read or write [or translate into] 'English'… they don’t understand the language, hence they don’t understand our answers. They don’t think in ‘English’ therefore all of their strange or misunderstood replies.

Kinda like the telemarketers… they go through their spiel, but if you ask them a question, they have no idea what’s going on once they get off their script. Isn’t that a shame ??

How can we help these poor misguided people function in our country… ? ? ? :unclesam: :unclesam:

I dunno, guess they just have to learn the language or learn not to cop an attitude when someone is trying to help them.

Cadmn

Okay… now I get it with all of these ‘Un-English’ speaking [writing] posts. It’s not only that they can’t read or write [or translate into] 'English'… they don’t understand the language, hence they don’t understand our answers. They don’t think in ‘English’ therefore all of their strange or misunderstood replies.

Kinda like the telemarketers… they go through their spiel, but if you ask them a question, they have no idea what’s going on once they get off their script. Isn’t that a shame ??
Gino ya know imigrants used to have to understand english. being accused of being a racist because of calling people Illegal Aliens. OK don't go any farther NOT Allowed here ! must abstain "NO problem with Illegal activity"
:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

RedlineMan

Hmmmmm....

Language, it seems, is a bit of a lost art. Perhaps not so much in the sign industry, but in the general populace, certainly. Writing is not something a lot of people seem to take seriously anymore. The average Joe, that is. Read correspondances from average peoples of, say, the Civil War era, and much of it is melodious and artful. Just every day correspondance, mind you. Today we get, like, basically, essentially, like, ya know, huh?

There are people that write well, and not. There are people that communicate well, and not. Part of communicating well is choosing good ways of doing so. The tenor of ones message can turn on a single word. Take iSign's offering.

You can be churlish, or charitable. Add a word here or there and the entire feel changes. He chose to be churlish, and pointendly so. Such are some people's ways. Others will always jump on a bash wagon, quite predictably. Good advice given? To be sure, it was, but what is the point of harsh rebuke? Yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly that steriltech's offering was equaly abusive in its own way. Some people do take language seriously, indeed. But who benefitted from the bash?

A guy offers his excitement and enthusiasm for this industry, seeks to gain more knowledge, and he gets tossed a load of crap with a brick or two in it. What's the point? Is he clueless? Yes. Did he ask his questions deftly? No. His writing was horrendous, and it offended my sensibilities as well.

I fail to see a hanging offense in there. You can feed a man, or teach him to fish. I suppose some would say you could also bash his skull in and avoid that decision. To each his own style, I guess.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It’s sort of a lost art in this thread and writing in your manner doesn’t help this poor guy if he doesn’t understand the simple stuff.

Having command of one’s own language is one thing. Many here and in other trades or businesses, lack the command, but we can still communicate. However, there are those that can communicate in two, three and more languages. Doing it fluently is a splendid character indeed. However, whether I can or can’t communicate with someone because of his/her lack of communication skills is not my problem. If I can’t get through I will continue to try, if they are willing. This person demonstrated such a short fuse, he practically deserves the bashing.

If you want to teach someone to fish that is allergic to seafood and he can’t tell you… because why ?????.... are you going to force the fish down his throat until he dies ?? I hope not…. no, you should be trying to communicate first, not teaching him something he doesn’t need…. I’m just glad you’re not teaching these hungry people to go hunting for turkeys or fowl and laying down buckshot when he shows up on my doorstep for dinner.

I’m willing to give anybody a fair chance in ‘my’ country, but they must show some respect back before I go blindly with this person looking for free handouts.

Besides, anyone that owns a cat, dog, bird, guinea pig or a pet fish communicate. So if they can, why can’t another human being at least try… without an attitude ??

:unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :thumb:

iSign

That is just a sugestion. Take it for what it's worth... it's only my opinion... but I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it was good advice.

I read a lot here, I post a lot here & I help out a lot here.
This guys post was far from the first to be barely worth reading & therefore, in my opinion, not as worthy of a helpful reply as it could have been, but the reply I gave was intended to help this guy benefit more from this forum.

"who benefited (one "t" :thumb: ) from the bash?" you ask? I still stand by my opinion that it wasn't a "bash" at all. But it may have helped him try a little harder. One only needs to try. When words run together & other words have a space in the middle... it is evident that no effort at proofreading was even made. Ending a post with the remark about "plane english" was just asking for little good natured jab. As I said this industry does require a little attention to spelling, so I gave good advice. What happened from there (on subsequent threads) is old boring news... but no source of shame to me. To him on the other hand... well, let's say he hasn't made a lot of friends here yet.

RedlineMan

I read a lot here, I post a lot here & I help out a lot here.
This guys post was far from the first to be barely worth reading & therefore, in my opinion, not as worthy of a helpful reply as it could have been, but the reply I gave was intended to help this guy benefit more from this forum.

"who benefited (one "t" :thumb: ) from the bash?" you ask? I still stand by my opinion that it wasn't a "bash" at all. But it may have helped him try a little harder. One only needs to try. When words run together & other words have a space in the middle... it is evident that no effort at proofreading was even made. Ending a post with the remark about "plane english" was just asking for little good natured jab. As I said this industry does require a little attention to spelling, so I gave good advice. What happened from there (on subsequent threads) is old boring news... but no source of shame to me. To him on the other hand... well, let's say he hasn't made a lot of friends here yet.
Hmmm...

Now, you sound more reasonable here than in your first response to him. You might be a tad surprised to know that I agree with your itent. I only question your method, and I can understand why anyone on the receiving end of it might get a little defensive. A velvet glove you did not wield, Sir Knight.

As a skilled professional myself (in another realm), I do not suffer fools at all well, nor the inarticulate, nor the insincere, nor those looking for a handout. However, I don't believe the intent of this poor fellow was to cadge some free information. I think his intent was to SEEK it. If he had simply asked "where can I get the knowledge I seek?" he would have been far better off. Pitty him - apparently - for not asking in quite the proper manner.

You can either use a machette, or a scalpel. It's really easy to use the former when you don't have to look the person in the eye, which is a real problem with the electronic medium. In most cases, it is best to cut with a delicate instrument until you find that an execution is quite called for. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the spell check there. Not my strong suit! :wink: