• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rear Window Memorials

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do them all the time in cut vinyl, PITA!!!
$25 min. and up.

What about vans with NO back windows Geno, how do those work in your state?

We've been talking about vehicles with windows. Hence the need for window decals. Wanna muddy the waters, feel free.

This all about factory built vehicles, not modified or customized vehicles.

Vehicles without rear windows, must have two side-view mirrors, one on each side. Most vehicles without windows in the back don't have any side windows in the side sliding or gate door, either. Otherwise, I think they were probably aftermarket deals. These kinds of vehicles are usually sold as 'Commercial Vehicles' and don't usually find their way into residential areas.

The easiest way to tell if a vehicle is factory built without windows, the windshield generally won't have a place for a rear-view mirror.

Our new van doesn't have any windows on the sides or back and it's an extended van. We have a television on the engine cover which works perfectly in good lighting conditions, total darkness, bad weather and all other conditions. It also has a microphone built in, so anyone driving can hear if there is something going on in back of you, that might be making a sound.... like a little kid or a dog.

I've been driving trucks of all sorts since I was about 19. It's nothing for me to drive without any windows. You first of all, have to be alert and in touch with what's around you at all times. You have to look harder and not rely on possibilities.... you have to know, or you'll be in an accident.

Straying off the OP's original request was your idea, not mine.:thread

Mosh

I had a 32 rat rod with NO back windows, will I get a ticket out that way?

I started driving grain trucks with no back windows when I was 12 years old, so I too know how to drive something without back windows. I was running split gears before most kids could put a car in drive...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I had a 32 rat rod with NO back windows, will I get a ticket out that way?

I started driving grain trucks with no back windows when I was 12 years old, so I too know how to drive something without back windows. I was running split gears before most kids could put a car in drive...

Are we talking street legal or just depending on your imagination ??

Besides, if you had it, it's kinda unlikely you'll be driving it here to PA, since it's past tense. Probably was a convertible and that's your ticket to no rear window. :rolleyes:

J

john1

why would you think i make big bucks? I'm a small business, just like you. but for me $30 dollars doesn't cover the plotter, weed, mask, and apply time.

wait, it prob doesn't for you either.

From the looks of things you do wraps day in and day out. Figure few grand a day profit from doing wraps x days in a month = big bucks. No doubt. Anyone who has skids or whatever of wrap vinyl on auto-delivery isn't broke. We all know the profits of vinyl, It's cheap and profits are major. Just saying.

I never put them on for the price of the RTA decal, That's always extra.

Sometimes doing things like this is what it is on pricing, I mean other places around charge $75 and up for them. I am reasonable and don't mind as i don't even do a ton. Maybe half dozen a year.

I really would want to be a fly on the wall the way some people act about "small" jobs on the forums here. No naming anyone outright but if someone comes in wanting a small job do you guys really turn them away because it's not worth your time or give them a outrageous price then snicker? It's sad really, We are talking about memorial decals of lost loved ones.