Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Window Memorials

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by NSchlee, Nov 6, 2012.

1. NSchlee

NSchlee New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Trying to an idea of an average price for vinyl cut window memorials? I realize it will vary for size etc.

TIA,

Neal

Tags:
  2. TNsignchick

TNsignchick New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    Typically for "half page size" 6x8 is $15-$20 (average amount of lettering, In loving Memory of....Name/Dates, one color) Full page size approx 9x12 $25-$30

3. john1

john1 Guest

I'm getting $35 for small ones about 12" wide and $50 for larger ones about 18" wide. That's cheap in this area too....

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    If you're talking die-cut vinyl, they're illegal in my area.... and I think for the entire state.

You might want to check and make sure you can indeed make them legally.

If you use perf vinyl, then you're Okay.

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    $65 minimum. period.

6. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    We printed on 4mil for the last batch we did. Priced it by the square foot since that is what the client wanted. We even figured out a 3 tier pricing schedule. It works well and there have been successive orders.
    IIRC his first order was in excess of 500 pieces, and he ran out!!

We try to stay away from cut vinyl because some can be a highly detailed PITA to weed.

7. CP Signs

CP Signs Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Stittsville
    Gino, up here, if your vehicle has 2 side mirrors ( and all vehicles do now ) we can paint the back window if we want to.

8. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Technically, it's for obstructing the viewing capabilities to whatever degree that someone might have a blind-spot and run over a kid while backing out of a driveway. Now, that's only one scenario. There are countless other reasons and most of them being about not seeing something.

Another one is.... when an officer is walking up along side of your vehicle, his vision is partially blocked seeing in.... according to what graphics are on the side or back windows. This could prove disastrous to his health if someone inside is carrying a loaded gun and he can't see it through some dumb mambo-jumbo writing on the glass. Same goes for non-factory tinted windows.

9. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    I've never understood why people want to honor their families to complete strangers on the road.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I haven't either, but I generally do ok on money with these. I've actually hooked up with a local funeral home in the past to offer these as a regular item since I had so many people stopping in wasting my time with them.

Most people that do this, are the people that just can't let go. It's either a younger unexpected death, someone that died in the military, or someone that just has no hope in the "afterlife" (not getting religious, whatever you feel that is is on you) that they'll ever see this person again.

11. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    you're going to try and sell 30 dollar window decals? Think bigger

12. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Shop minimum, $50. If they want less refer them to someone with a cricut.

13. JoshLoring

JoshLoring Very Active Member

We do memorial stickers free up to 4Qty. The gesture often makes people come back for bigger things. It's also a good feeling to help someone thats had a loss...
    More than 4 we qoute them.

14. JoshLoring

JoshLoring Very Active Member

Wow. Lame state.
    I'm Cali... We did this and it was legal.

Attached Files:

15. john1

john1 Guest

Come on Adam, I know you make the big bucks but us normal small guys gotta sell what we can. I sure as hell aren't going to turn down a quick $30. It's gas in my car the way i look at it at the very least.

Not say promote $30 decals like your going to get rich, Just not turn it down if it comes in.

16. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

So, you're telling me the vinyl on those windows is regular digital vinyl and NOT perf vinyl ??

17. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    They are talking about smal like 12"x12" decals man not full coverage on the window everyone knows you can't cover a back window with opaque vinyl.

18. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    why would you think i make big bucks? I'm a small business, just like you. but for me $30 dollars doesn't cover the plotter, weed, mask, and apply time.

wait, it prob doesn't for you either.

19. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    California says you can only block a certain percentage of your window.

20. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Do them all the time in cut vinyl, PITA!!!
    $25 min. and up.

What about vans with NO back windows Geno, how do those work in your state?