• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rear Window Memorials

NSchlee

Trying to an idea of an average price for vinyl cut window memorials? I realize it will vary for size etc.

TIA,

Neal

TNsignchick

Typically for "half page size" 6x8 is $15-$20 (average amount of lettering, In loving Memory of....Name/Dates, one color) Full page size approx 9x12 $25-$30

J

john1

I'm getting $35 for small ones about 12" wide and $50 for larger ones about 18" wide. That's cheap in this area too....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're talking die-cut vinyl, they're illegal in my area.... and I think for the entire state.

You might want to check and make sure you can indeed make them legally.

If you use perf vinyl, then you're Okay.

rjssigns

We printed on 4mil for the last batch we did. Priced it by the square foot since that is what the client wanted. We even figured out a 3 tier pricing schedule. It works well and there have been successive orders.
IIRC his first order was in excess of 500 pieces, and he ran out!!

We try to stay away from cut vinyl because some can be a highly detailed PITA to weed.

CP Signs

Gino, up here, if your vehicle has 2 side mirrors ( and all vehicles do now ) we can paint the back window if we want to.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Technically, it's for obstructing the viewing capabilities to whatever degree that someone might have a blind-spot and run over a kid while backing out of a driveway. Now, that's only one scenario. There are countless other reasons and most of them being about not seeing something.

Another one is.... when an officer is walking up along side of your vehicle, his vision is partially blocked seeing in.... according to what graphics are on the side or back windows. This could prove disastrous to his health if someone inside is carrying a loaded gun and he can't see it through some dumb mambo-jumbo writing on the glass. Same goes for non-factory tinted windows.

TheSnowman

I've never understood why people want to honor their families to complete strangers on the road.
I haven't either, but I generally do ok on money with these. I've actually hooked up with a local funeral home in the past to offer these as a regular item since I had so many people stopping in wasting my time with them.

Most people that do this, are the people that just can't let go. It's either a younger unexpected death, someone that died in the military, or someone that just has no hope in the "afterlife" (not getting religious, whatever you feel that is is on you) that they'll ever see this person again.

JoshLoring

We do memorial stickers free up to 4Qty. The gesture often makes people come back for bigger things. It's also a good feeling to help someone thats had a loss...
More than 4 we qoute them.

JoshLoring

If you're talking die-cut vinyl, they're illegal in my area.... and I think for the entire state.

Wow. Lame state.
I'm Cali... We did this and it was legal.

Attachments

• image-882585900.jpg
    image-882585900.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 96
J

john1

you're going to try and sell 30 dollar window decals? Think bigger

Come on Adam, I know you make the big bucks but us normal small guys gotta sell what we can. I sure as hell aren't going to turn down a quick $30. It's gas in my car the way i look at it at the very least.

Not say promote $30 decals like your going to get rich, Just not turn it down if it comes in.

They are talking about smal like 12"x12" decals man not full coverage on the window everyone knows you can't cover a back window with opaque vinyl.

HulkSmash

Come on Adam, I know you make the big bucks but us normal small guys gotta sell what we can. I sure as hell aren't going to turn down a quick $30. It's gas in my car the way i look at it at the very least.

Not say promote $30 decals like your going to get rich, Just not turn it down if it comes in.

why would you think i make big bucks? I'm a small business, just like you. but for me $30 dollars doesn't cover the plotter, weed, mask, and apply time.

wait, it prob doesn't for you either.

California says you can only block a certain percentage of your window.

Mosh

Do them all the time in cut vinyl, PITA!!!
$25 min. and up.

What about vans with NO back windows Geno, how do those work in your state?