• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent Logo

ericmitchell29

I liked the first thing you posted with just a few color tweaks. That vintage look was sweet. Bring back the triangle I say.
Looked awesome.

Billct2

I like the last one, more legible.
I'm glad you lost the triangle, that's a '50s thing and this is more an 1890s look.

Marlene

it's hard because it is a screen shot, but from what I can see, the last one you posted looks pretty good. the only thing I would do is to make the brown darker and the green more towards a sage. PMS 476 brown with 5777. the gradient in the lettering isn't bad but the darker "the" next to the lighter part of the other lettering looks off to me, maybe make it the lighter shade too.

ForgeInc

I LOVE the handwritten letterforms (reminds of my old hand-inked days) and like the direction of the new colors, but not too keen on the new swashes and embellishments. They seem less "hand drawn" and more like you just went to "offset path" to thin them up? I see what you wanted to do as far as getting the separation from the letters and bringing them closer is good, but you lost some of the "thick to thin" and nice end curves that made the original version so beautiful.

This is of course really nitpicky feedback and just my humble $.02, overall I love it!

deane

last revision, I think

Because I'm snowed in today and I can't seem to get satisfaction from my efforts on this job. I decided to try one last time in fiddling with this project. I took Forge's recommendation of using the original swishes and tried to make them less prominent with the same color as the background. Hopefully, this will take me to the end of my rope.

Attachments

• VINTAGE BUTTON 7.jpg
    VINTAGE BUTTON 7.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 108

Jillbeans

I think the lighter brown drop shadow is hurting it.
It looks great, but I think it would be ever sweller with just the dark brown.
:)
Would make "The" lighter too.

deane

Jill, I just don't know if making the drop the dark brown does it. I have convinced them that the lettering will have to be in white because this is going on the door and to be legible we need contrast. I think they have accepted that, that is why I changed from the fade. What do you think about the light green outline around the lettering?

Attachments

• VINTAGE BUTTON 8.jpg
    VINTAGE BUTTON 8.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 100

deane

Thanks, I forgot to tell you that there is 3 women involved with this partnership and they can't seem to agree on anything. Well, almost anything they did tell me that they didn't like the burgandy outline and shadow. If it wasn't for the fact that one of these women is my niece I probably would of punted the ball a long time ago.